03 Aviator with CAI

Eleanor

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the new aviator is less then 2 weeks old and it already has the following upgrades.....
Front side tinted windows....
2 more headrest 7 inch lcd tv's...
Inchannel vent visors......
K&N FIPK...This replaced the intake tube and the air box...making the engine sound even better...:) She now can......breathe........
soon to come.....
22" black 7 or 5 spoked rims.....
265/35/22's....
and a few other items that i have sleave...:)
J

Eleanor said:
Well the new aviator is less then 2 weeks old and it already has the following upgrades.....
K&N FIPK...This replaced the intake tube and the air box...making the engine sound even better...:) She now can......breathe........
soon to come.....
265/35/22's....
J
Uh.... :GotPics:

GrayGhost1 said:
Uh.... :GotPics:

Ken....
will have this weekend....:)
so far so good on the aviator...However I do have alot of pictures of my lse around....
Makes me remeber back when................
But the ING savings account has been started for the 67 Eleanor! :steering
J

K&N FIPK

Eleanor said:
soon to come.....
265/35/22's....
J

What K&N part number did you use for the FIPK? K&N doesn't list one for the Aviator, but they do for the Explorer / Mountaineer with the 4.6L SOHC: 57-2539. I assume this is the one you used, but wasn't sure if it fit the Aviator with the DOHC 4.6.

57-2539

Airman said:
What K&N part number did you use for the FIPK? K&N doesn't list one for the Aviator, but they do for the Explorer / Mountaineer with the 4.6L SOHC: 57-2539. I assume this is the one you used, but wasn't sure if it fit the Aviator with the DOHC 4.6.

Yep that is the one i used. The intake works great. had to do a little triming on the actual rubberized intake to round the corner....but after about 15 mintues of getting the right amount of the inake cut off...she fit like a charm. The aviator carb..is not as far back as the explorer carb...so i just shortend the actual k&N intake to make it fit....
J

Other Aviator questions

Eleanor said:
Yep that is the one i used. The intake works great. had to do a little triming on the actual rubberized intake to round the corner....but after about 15 mintues of getting the right amount of the inake cut off...she fit like a charm. The aviator carb..is not as far back as the explorer carb...so i just shortend the actual k&N intake to make it fit....
J

Thanks for the information. How did you know you could get the Explorer FIPK to fit? Did you reflash your computer like the instructions suggest? Was that easy to do?

Have you looked into any exhaust modifications? I've seen a kit with a low restriction muffler and side exiting twin outlets from Billy Boat performance, but I'm looking for a kit with a rear exit twin outlet - have you seen anything like that?

Airman said:
Thanks for the information. How did you know you could get the Explorer FIPK to fit? Did you reflash your computer like the instructions suggest? Was that easy to do?

Have you looked into any exhaust modifications? I've seen a kit with a low restriction muffler and side exiting twin outlets from Billy Boat performance, but I'm looking for a kit with a rear exit twin outlet - have you seen anything like that?

Airman...
I did some extensive research before I bought the explorer fipk kit. Matched pictures of the aviator to the explorer, factory engine pics..etc..etc....... I bought the fipk kit from a site that had a buy back / return poliy if I was not happy. Just incase the kit could not be fit to work at all....then all I would be out is the shipping...which I was willing to take the bet on..The only problem encounted was the actual inkate tube was slightly longer...again cutting it down to size worked great..
As for the exhaust....all I have found is the Gibson side exhasut. I have not seen any dual out the back exhaust kits....I have found a magnaflow..but at double the price of the Gibson...Im not sure which one im going to get yet.....Its up in the air....
J

Eleanor said:
J

What the heck is a carb???

Oooooh you mean the throttlebody and intake.....These vehicles havent been carbureted for quite some time now. hehe. Just giving ya a hard time.

still no pics, id love to c ur black rims. love the black look as u can c. we miss u in the ls forum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back