03 and 06 LS

PNWLINCOLN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for another LS and have my eyes on a couple here locally, the 03 has an asking price of $4750.00 its black and appears to be in great condition and the 06 which is black also appears to be in great condition also has an asking price of $6000.00 which to me both seem to be over priced but would like to get your thoughts and opinions, pro's/con's about each, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for another LS and have my eyes on a couple here locally, the 03 has an asking price of $4750.00 its black and appears to be in great condition and the 06 which is black also appears to be in great condition also has an asking price of $6000.00 which to me both seem to be over priced but would like to get your thoughts and opinions, pro's/con's about each, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

I just sold my '06 w/138K miles for $4900. It was truly loaded with the exception of curtain airbags.

109000 on the 03 and 11800 on the 06

Depending on the options, w/under 12K miles that's a pretty good price.

See my thread "Nice while it lasted". Keep in mind the 03-06 LS is statistically proven to be one of the worst 10 cars manufactured in the last 15-years from the standpoint of quality and reliability. At the price point you are looking at, it is fun to drive (when it runs) and interesting to work on if you are a serious D-I-Y-er.

My 04 and 06 have been and continue to be great cars. The only problems that I have at the moment are a bad mirror motor on the 04 and a leaking motor mount on the 06. I will caution you that one of the problems with a low production run car is that some parts are getting to be hard to find.

I've had my 06 for about 4 years now and it's the most reliable car I've ever owned. It's needed one major repair (leaky cooling system, common) since I bought it and anything else it's needed I've been able to do myself (COP's, EGRE replacement, tensioner pulley replacement), and I'm hardly a genius when it comes to repairs. It has around 113k right now.

I'd go with the 06 just because that seems to be the model year that all the bugs with the car were ironed out.

Members online

Back