02 LS Sport V8 Check Traction, Park Brake, ASB Light?- Help

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Have a 06 and a 02. 5 days ago, the 2002, gave me a lights, and message center, Warning that's says- Check Traction, Park Brake Dash light, and ASB Light Dash light.

4 days ago I reset the Battery (disconnect), and also found the Brake Fluid was a little low. I added the Fluid and the light went away.

Yesterday I found I had some very Premature worn Front Brake pads and one of the Caliper pins was stuck a few days ago. I installed new front Rotors and Pads and fixed and greased the stuck Brake Pin.

Been driving the car around all day today, and when I started it this evening to drive off again the warning beep message center went off again - Check Traction, Park Brake Dash light, and ASB Light Dash light.

Anybody had this problem and/or know what it is? Thanks!

First, that's not just a "Park Brake Dash light." That's a brake system warning light. It comes on if the parking brake is set, or if the brake fluid level is low. I'm sure that the light you are calling "ASB" is actually the ABS warning light. Many cars will disable the ABS if the brake fluid level is low. I'm not sure if this applies to the gen I LS or not. If there is any ABS problem (there is, the light is on), then the traction control will fail because it uses the ABS.

I'd start with the brake fluid level. It could be that a low level is triggering all the warnings. If the level is low, then you have a leak that you still haven't resolved. This leak may be enough to fail the ABS self test, if it's not just that the level is low.

It would be a good idea to get all of your codes read. I had ABS and traction control warning lights on due to a faulty wheel speed sensor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back