'02 LS Rear Vents No Air?

eee

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the LS's rear passenger vents. No air seems to be coming out of mine no matter the setting:shifty:. Any input is appreciated.

Has anyone had a problem with the LS's rear passenger vents. No air seems to be coming out of mine no matter the setting:shifty:. Any input is appreciated.

Are the vents open? The wheel next to the vents controls the flow. If they are open I would suspect the duct work is disconnected.

Are the vents open? The wheel next to the vents controls the flow. If they are open I would suspect the duct work is disconnected.

Yes the vents are open ;) . I took a look at the duct work underneath the shifter trim panel yesterday, and found it was loose but not disconnected. I tightened it back up and there was little-to-no noticeable difference in air flow.

Okay I just came inside from taking apart the center console & rear vents of my 02. I Found the problem. Basically I thought that the duct's weren't aligned. I got an insulation strip and put that all around the inside of there the two ducts meet. That did nothing. I fiddled around with the wheel that opens and closes the air duct to the rear vents. That was the problem. The rubber and plastic 'air stopper' or what have you wasn't opening and closing. I took off that section and had to finesses the wheel's 'hook' into the rubber and pastic 'air stopper' handle so that it would open and close again when using the wheel. The long and short of it is that the 'air stopper' was always closed and that's why i wasn't getting any air out of the vents!!! :rolleyes:

Okay I just came inside from taking apart the center console & rear vents of my 02. I Found the problem. Basically I thought that the duct's weren't aligned. I got an insulation strip and put that all around the inside of there the two ducts meet. That did nothing. I fiddled around with the wheel that opens and closes the air duct to the rear vents. That was the problem. The rubber and plastic 'air stopper' or what have you wasn't opening and closing. I took off that section and had to finesses the wheel's 'hook' into the rubber and pastic 'air stopper' handle so that it would open and close again when using the wheel. The long and short of it is that the 'air stopper' was always closed and that's why i wasn't getting any air out of the vents!!! :rolleyes:

good job man

Thanks for the info. I've had this problem since I changed out my center console. Only my kids ever ride in the back so I haven't bothered to look at it. When I was a kid we didn't have air conditioning, so I figured they deserved to suffer like I did. :D

Members online

Back