02 Lincoln LS Hose Question

hard2say

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forums so, hello everyone!

Can someone identify this hose for me? I believe it's leaking and causing my LS to almost overheat.

moded.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Also are you losing coolant? If not it is probably the hydraulic fan or part of it. You need to give more details if we have a chance of helping you.

Also are you losing coolant? If not it is probably the hydraulic fan or part of it. You need to give more details if we have a chance of helping you.

I checked the thread you mentioned. The diagram is great, but it doesn't list the names of any of the parts. Seems the hose I'm looking at is possibly part of what is labeled #3 on that diagram.

Yes, I'm loosing coolant. You can see some of the antifreeze just to the right of the shadow of the engine fill cap in my original image above.

I appreciate your help.

Either run the car until you can find the source or presure test it. There are a few areas it could be coming from but the plastic connectors are prone to cracking so I would think it would be more likely to be one of those than the hose.

Either run the car until you can find the source or presure test it. There are a few areas it could be coming from but the plastic connectors are prone to cracking so I would think it would be more likely to be one of those than the hose.

Well, being that the hose is abnormally bubbled (per other pictures that I've seen in these forums) I figured this might just be an easy fix. Not to mention the spray pattern of the coolant that is visible when it starts leaking.

BUT... apparently tracking down the name of this hose is the kicker...

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll just have to run it up to a shop and ask them if they can "name that hose."

Well, being that the hose is abnormally bubbled (per other pictures that I've seen in these forums) I figured this might just be an easy fix. Not to mention the spray pattern of the coolant that is visible when it starts leaking.

BUT... apparently tracking down the name of this hose is the kicker...

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll just have to run it up to a shop and ask them if they can "name that hose."

Contact Max (ad to the right). He can give you the Ford part number as well as a good price on the hose. I don't have a gen I, but I think that is called the coolant outlet pipe/tower or something similar.

Have u checked motorcraft.com? Images of parts for our cars are there. May have to dig a bit but may find your answer.

I'm new to the forums so, hello everyone!

Can someone identify this hose for me? I believe it's leaking and causing my LS to almost overheat.

It's not common for the rubber hose to leak. Much more often, the coolant tower - especially the cap - behind it breaks. From this angle, it doesn't look abnormally swollen to me. It could also be the thermostat cover leaking and spraying onto that hose.

The Motorcraft part number is KM-4692 - $8 at Rock Auto. However, it's a totally normal piece of rad hose. Take it off, go to a part store, buy a half foot of bulk host of the same size for far less. Or, call ahead. Appears to be 1 3/8" diameter.

If the tower has issues, note that you can get a better aluminum version from the Jags. Part NCE2247ADKIT also on Rock Auto.

The crossover tube (connects the block, upper rad hose and the short hose highlighted) also CAN crack, but doesn't seem to be too common. I don't have that part number handy, but it's called the "Engine Coolant Outlet Tube", and is a dealer-only item.

Members online

Back