'02 engine in '00 engine swap

themissinglink

LVC Member
Reaction score
Will a 2002 lincoln ls engine go into a 2000? Will the accessories from the 2000 bolt to the 02? Will my computer run the 02 engine?

My engine in my 2000 ls threw a rod and I found a replacement very close to me with low miles. The replacement is a 2002 engine and that is why I am asking.

Should be fine. As long as you're swapping V8 for V8 and V6 for V6.

Yes 00-02 are all the same as long as V8 for V8 and V6 for V6. I was debating picking up another and decided to rebuild the one I have and called the dealership with that question.

Now on V6's from 00- 02 there are little changes here and there. IE oil pan, injector rail and harness. But if swaping V6 just strip to long block and put all your stuff on.

Starting the swap

I am starting the swap today for the 00 ls engine to the 02. Some of the parts are different on the engines and transmissions. I think my original engine is a 2000 not a sport model because it has a line blocked off on the oil filter block. I also think the 02 engine and tranny is from a sport model ls because of the extra oil lines on the oil filter block.

If anyone has any tips for putting this engine back in the car, let me know.

I am starting the swap today for the 00 ls engine to the 02. Some of the parts are different on the engines and transmissions. I think my original engine is a 2000 not a sport model because it has a line blocked off on the oil filter block. I also think the 02 engine and tranny is from a sport model ls because of the extra oil lines on the oil filter block.

If anyone has any tips for putting this engine back in the car, let me know.

you selling your old transmission?

PM me

I got the engine and transmission back in the car. I am starting to hook all the lines and hoses up today and hopefully get to turn the key today.

My car is a 2000 sport model, and the engine is a 2002 sport model. WIll my computer run the engine?

In the parts interchange manual it says the 02 engine will not fit in the car, and it says it won't run off an 00 computer. I think the book is wrong because everything has bolted up and plugged in like its supposed to.

The engine came out easy enough. The hardest part about taking the engine out of the top is the exhaust manifold bolts going to the cat. The cat bolts are a pita to reach and break loose with the engine in the car. If I had to do it again, I would, take the transmission out with the engine and take the cats out with the engine and trans still bolted up all at once. It would have been cake if I did it that way.

Getting to this point was not as bad as I thought it would be, it is not any harder than some of the older cars I have worked on.

Members online

Back