01V6 motor mount replacement level of difficulty

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
01V6 236k miles, motor mounts are crushed. What is the level of difficulty to replace them. This is still my daily driver but the number of repairs needed are growing by the day. The vacuum lines are as brittle as dry spaghetti. Even the thick rubber hoses snap like twigs. Chasing the P codes, always something going bad. Still runs and drives like a dream.

Check the manual, it is doable but not a whole bunch of fun. It will be best if you have a lift available and if your name is any indication, you have access to a lift (unless you work for tire warehouse who used to do everything from floor jacks).

right side is a piece of cake. left is easier if you drop the rack but not required

if you run out room to slide the new mount in thread the nut in and cut a bit off the stud some of the aftermarkets are way too long.

right side is a piece of cake. left is easier if you drop the rack but not required

if you run out room to slide the new mount in thread the nut in and cut a bit off the stud some of the aftermarkets are way too long.
Are you referring to the V6 here? IIRC the two engines had different mounts and procedures, but I did mine 12 years ago and I am a little foggy on it. At that time, I had a complete Ford service DVD that I got off ebay, which was outstanding to have. Great advice on the threaded nut for the stud trim, plus the actual trick itself of shortening a too-long stud.

Pretty easy to do, I did em on my LS long time ago. Don’t remember then being difficult. V6.

Members online

No members online now.
Back