01V6 200k Miles P1400 fix

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i just got done fixing the EGR valve and throttle body. The throttle body port to the EGR valve was plugged with carbon and the EGR valve was heavily carboned. So 2 weeks later I get the P1400 EGR sensor low voltage WTF? I changed the sensor at 100K miles due to another code being thrown. I look P1400 up and find a TSB on a long list of ford vehicles, that says don't bother spending time looking into this issue, just replace the sensor. I ordered a cheap sensor from EBAY and installed it. Code gone. Fixed. From what I understand the old design sensor was crap. The new design is all electronic, no moving parts.

So i just got done fixing the EGR valve and throttle body. The throttle body port to the EGR valve was plugged with carbon and the EGR valve was heavily carboned. So 2 weeks later I get the P1400 EGR sensor low voltage WTF? I changed the sensor at 100K miles due to another code being thrown. I look P1400 up and find a TSB on a long list of ford vehicles, that says don't bother spending time looking into this issue, just replace the sensor. I ordered a cheap sensor from EBAY and installed it. Code gone. Fixed. From what I understand the old design sensor was crap. The new design is all electronic, no moving parts.
Thanks for this info.

Members online

Back