'01 V6 FYI

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If you think YOUR LS has been orphaned by Ford, you ought to try an '00, '01 or '02 V6. When rebuilding I couldn't get a chain and guide kit for my '01. Now that it's rebuilt I can't find a new Fuel Pressure Sensor. They are not made by anyone AFAIK. I ordered the part for a Jag '01 3.0L and one from a Ford dealer who said they had them. Their parts dude called and said it's for the 2003 and sorry for the confusion. But he sent it anyway. After looking carefully at these two and comparing to the '01 I have, I see that the mounting holes are located differently relative to the fuel intake and thus the things can't be mounted on my LS but both will fit Jag or 2003+ V6 LSes. I'm sure the reason is that the LS went to VCT in 2003 and the Jag had it from the start. Just FYI if you have problems with this H/W.

I wonder if it is just a physical problem. Have you looked to see if there is alternate way hold the newer sensor onto your fuel rail? Or if you could swap our your rail for a newer one?

I wonder if it is just a physical problem. Have you looked to see if there is alternate way hold the newer sensor onto your fuel rail? Or if you could swap our your rail for a newer one?
Well I thought of drilling a new mounting hole but I'm not sure there's enough real estate to do that.
New fuel rail? I'm thinking there's a difference between non VCT and VCT. I'll check PNs.

I am sure there is a difference, but that does not necessarily mean it couldn't fit. Did the first gen V6 have air assist injectors like the 1st gen V8 did? That might be enough to keep it from being workable.

I am sure there is a difference, but that does not necessarily mean it couldn't fit. Did the first gen V6 have air assist injectors like the 1st gen V8 did? That might be enough to keep it from being workable.
I dont know.

According to FordParts.com the fuel rail for the 2000-2001 LS is unique and was not used after that. Oh and of course it is discontinued. GRRRR&^%%(^

According to FordParts.com the fuel rail for the 2000-2001 LS is unique and was not used after that. Oh and of course it is discontinued. GRRRR&^%%(^

Well, we already knew it was 1st gen only, if for no other reason than the newer fuel pressure sensor doesn't fit the older rail. (Maybe it's different on the 1st gen V6, but on the 2nd gen V8, the bracket that the fuel pressure sensor bolts into is welded to the fuel rail.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back