01 Coolant and serpentine belt

Dont use belt dressing. wash the belt with dish soap and water.

It was 6 years ago when I did my belt tensioner. I cracked the nylon washer on the new tensioner bolt and it sqealed. I am trying to remember, but I think i did try some jacking. I did have the front wheel off and fender liner. The job took me 2-4 hours. That was when I went out and bought the flat tensioner bar.

Dont use belt dressing. wash the belt with dish soap and water.

It was 6 years ago when I did my belt tensioner. I cracked the nylon washer on the new tensioner bolt and it sqealed. I am trying to remember, but I think i did try some jacking. I did have the front wheel off and fender liner. The job took me 2-4 hours. That was when I went out and bought the flat tensioner bar.

What's the downside of the belt dressing? I really, really do not want to take the belt off again.

Nothing is going to make it not slip at full throttle 1-2 shift. The engine speed changes too fast. My car has done it ever since I added the programmer. I'll let you know if it still does it with a Gatorback -- that's the belt preferred on supercharged cars to combat belt slip under load.

Belt dressing = goop to sling off over time. It can actually make squealing worse in some cases, and at best it still attracts dirt to build up and cause future problems.

Members online

No members online now.
Back