01 3.9 LS ping

TheLSguy90

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I'm literally at my limits here with this engine ping I have, it's driving me absolutely insane because I can't figure it out to save my life. It's the bane of my existence right now. Here's what's happening, after the car is warmed up, around 1,500-2,000 rpms I get a ping from the engine, I ran top engine cleaner thinking it could be a carbon deposit on the cylinder head and it didn't make it any better but while I was driving the car while it was clearing out the engine, the ping was absolutely MUCH LOUDER and then went back to normal when it was cleared, I can see the knock sensor is working. I have changed all 8 coils along with the spark plugs and I even went as far as changing the egr valve in hopes it wasn't operating fully. Ohh and it doesn't light the check engine light, even when I had a slight misfire from time to time but also when I did, it would ping like crazy much louder then when it wasn't missing. So please someone help me because my next step is removing the cylinder heads to check and clean off the piston heads and I seriously, truthfully would rather jump off a cliff then do that so please someone help a brother out here or at least point me in a direction other then the one I'm traveling in

Members online

No members online now.
Back