'00 LS8 Trunk release problem!

LaceyDF

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've got a 2000 LS v8, just got it about a month ago. Anyways, i've been having some problems with getting my trunk open. I have to hit the button on the key fob several times, most the time it just makes a click noise and doesn't open...the other times it clicks, then delays a few seconds and then opens.

I'm pretty pissed cause last night I needed to open it, so i hit the button, and it didn't work. so, i pressed the button on the inside of the car and it still didn't work. I even tried sticking the key in the trunk keyhole and it still didn't work! i needed to get in the dang thing, too!

So, i go in my friend's apartment for a few hours and then when i left, i got in the car and the damn screen says "trunk ajar" and the freaking thing was open! i was on a freaking college campus, too, so someone coulda taken off with all my books that were in the :q trunk!!!!

Is there anything i can do to fix this?
Does anyone know if the extended warranty would cover this?

thanks, and sorry i wrote so much!!!
--Lacey

If the key doesn't work, I would try adjusting the latch.

I havn't looked at the trunk latch on the LS, but on every other vehicle I've worked on there were two bolts to loosen on either the latch or the striker.

If that doesn't work and you hear the solenoid clicking when you press the release button, the latch may be broken.

thanks so much! I'll have the service guys here at the lincoln dealership i work at take a look at it. I wanted to ask you all first, cause I didn't want the service guy to say "i told ya so" when I told him i found something wrong with it. The guys here HATE working on the LS's. He warned me about getting the car because they see so many problems with LS's...but i did it anyway! ;)

Odd... I posted a reply, but it got deleted... and I didn't even swear! My '00 does the same thing. I haven't actually tried it with the key yet, usually two clicks and a sharp pull and it opens right up. Is it supposed to pop open or just release and you have to apply force to make the lid break center and rise on its own?

I was wondering if there is a spring inside the latch that might be going weak or broken.

kleetus said:
Odd... I posted a reply, but it got deleted... and I didn't even swear! .

I saw that you had posted when I posted, but then the web page changed and both disapeared. I may have done something but I don't know what.

Blame it on the new guy.

I dont know anything about this thread crap. :Bang

If you can tell me what I did, I'll try not to do it again.

:ban

Iwas just havn fun.

Eh.. Don't worry... as long as you ahve better luck with your bank account numbers!!

:W

Members online

No members online now.
Back