'00 LS V8 HVAC Issue

Aero

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently purchased my third LS, a '00 V8, and I'm having an issue with the heating and cooling system. When I bought the car it was displaying the classic failed DCCV symptoms, stuck on full heat and no A/C. After inspecting the car I found that the A/C condenser had been punctured, releasing all of the refrigerant. To avoid any damage to the system I removed the fuse for the A/C compressor and set about replacing other parts on the car.

While I was replacing the front sway bar bushings and oil filter adapter gasket I went ahead and installed a new DCCV. This had no effect on the full heat issue though. Thinking it might be the DATC head unit I bought a working used replacement and installed it. This had no effect either. It doesn't matter if you set the system to 65° or 90° it is always warm. Sometimes 60° gives slightly less warm air, but it's far from cool 32° air that's outside the car.

I am wondering what to look for now. I will be recharging the A/C system soon, but that shouldn't, and in my experience with another LS, doesn't effect the regulation of temperature inside the car when it is cold outside. So, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

... To avoid any damage to the system I removed the fuse for the A/C compressor and set about replacing other parts on the car....I went ahead and installed a new DCCV. This had no effect on the full heat issue though. Thinking it might be the DATC head unit I bought a working used replacement and installed it. This had no effect either. ...

The fuse that powers the AC clutch also powers the DCCV. If you pulled the fuse, then there is no way for the DCCV to work. You will always get full heat. (The 60° setting on the gen I will trigger the cold air bypass door and get you somewhat cooler air.)

Also note that there was no reason at all to pull the fuse. The AC system has a pressure sensor and it won't turn the compressor on if the system pressure is too high or too low (as in all refrigerant gone due to the hole in the condenser). Be sure to replace the receiver/dryer too, as the system has been open for at least a while.

Thanks for the info! I'll pop the fuse back in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back