00 ls v6 coolant issue

chamster94

LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 5spd manual ls with the v6 with 236k and it had no coolant. I put coolant in and it came out of exhaust and ran like crap, I am assuming the heads are bad. So I towed it back home waited over 3 months to do anything.. Today 1/19/16 I filled it with water and pressure tested cooling system and found out water was going through upper intake and out of the air box. I was unable to read any codes as I forgot scan tool at work. just wondering if anybody has had similar issues. If so did you have to do intakes or a head job ??

:(

You need to get the heads off and see whats going on. Read thread (above or below this one) on timing a 3.0l V6 2000 to get some idea of what you are in for or you could just replace the engine with a used engine.

It's possible that someone connected one (or both) of the throttle body heater hoses to one (or two) of the vacuum ports on the intake. At least one former member here did that. Even so, I would be concerned that it may have hydrolocked and bent one or more rods.

Brilliant, Joe! Yes, that can certainly happen with the vacuum and throttle body water lines being similarly sized!

Thanks I'm really trying to avoid a rebuild as I only paid 200 for the car and it has 236k on it.

I'm gonna try some $20 nano tech head sealer 1st. cause they double money back if it doesn't work plus it's a lot cheaper than rebuilding the engine.

Sorry, Chamster,but 264K miles? Yeah,bite the bullet and fix it or better yet, get one for a much higher price that's in better shape. Sorry it wasn't something easier and less expensive Chamster. don-ohio

Yeah...I wouldn't give up a manual ls. More people see Jesus than a manual lincoln. Once you tear into what the car is...You'll get 250 hp outta it. Minor mods, Turner, etc.

I just bought a motor for 600$. They are around. Manuals are different than autos. You will have to adjust a few things.

I've done a lot of automotive****. I can disassemble a car, bagged and tagged...in 8hrs. I can do a Honda in 4hrs. This car is one of the most difficult there is. I built a caravan powered neon, while working on this motor you will say wtf did they put that there for, and you can't ask a lincoln owner for help...in their eyes the car is perfect and your intake kills book value on a 200$ ls. Don't expect much help. Unless it's to fix a stock problem. These guys just aren't interested in improving anything, especially the design made by the great Ford...Lmao..Ford.

A car is a car. If you can boost a taurus, you can plug the egr on a lincoln.

If you want to give up on it, shoot me a pm, I wouldn't mind owning 2

Bio hazard99 this is my second ls 11st one is currently being rebuilt to become a sleeper. Obviosuly trans won't hold up so I'm limited to just a simple 300-400hp build. Why would you plug egr on engine?? Just curious.

... and you can't ask a lincoln owner for help ... in their eyes the car is perfect ... Don't expect much help. Unless it's to fix a stock problem. These guys just aren't interested in improving anything ...

Welcome to LVC, aren't you just a breath of fresh air? No worries though, I'm sure the forum has noted your concerns and doubtfully would care to assist you anytime soon. You don't need any help I can tell. Good luck with it all Mr. I-can-do-it-all-myself.

PS: ever heard of the term "**** you and the horse you rode in on" ?

Welcome to LVC, aren't you just a breath of fresh air? No worries though, I'm sure the forum has noted your concerns and doubtfully would care to assist you anytime soon. You don't need any help I can tell. Good luck with it all Mr. I-can-do-it-all-myself.

PS: ever heard of the term "**** you and the horse you rode in on" ?

Why? He's correct. How many folks here are Lincoln engineer fanbois, even in the face of the DCCV and COPS? And don't get me started on the cooling system... I could have engineered a better cooling system when I was THREE YEARS OLD.

.... And don't get me started on the cooling system... I could have engineered a better cooling system when I was THREE YEARS OLD.

And meet all the gummint, bean-counter, space and assembly restrictions?

Keep your junk away from me and my horse.

Egr...like breathing your own farts.(the plug term was a simple statement)

1, carbon doesn't ignite well.
2, exhaust gases are hot, cold air is better
3, it's ugly and rusty

Cons..
Need a tuner.
Pollution, Idk about that...as there are catalytic converters cleaning the exhaust.

Nobody said listen to me, I prefer it if you don't.

I can do it all myself...I did, but advice and knowledge is helpful.

How much hp does one want before improving trans gearing etc. I haven't got this far, but there is a damper system in the clutch to absorb torque( torque breaks things not hp.) This damper system my actually spring additional force once you start modifications. Possibly Turning that friend into an enemy. I've started researching a different clutch setup from a contour, may help...or make worse..old

One thing I've noticed...us 5 speed owners tend to turn to jaguar as they are so close...but there is differences, with only 2300 manual ls produced, nobody has much info.

Personally...if I spend the money to hit 320 hp....I would deff of bought a spare trans for a few hundred. That's about the only thing reasonably priced on these cars. Given the fact there is 20 of them on car parts, and jag trans don't list as interchange, they gotta have some strength to them.

I've only been messing with duratec for maybe 3 weeks now...being wrong more than I'm right is part of noob. But when it comes to general mechanics, not technology on the ls, I'm pretty da## good!

Also..5 speed has an oil cooler and different alternator, I believe the 5speed parts are a better choice, both fit tho.

And big rig...I may have stated an opinion on a vehicle, but also gave some form of insight, your post is useless. Thank you for that breath of nothing.

Actually, if you have issues with Ford and it's by products why are you hanging around here, a Lincoln Enthusiast forum. Rather then attempting to bring down the rest of the community that does appreciate their Lincolns maybe take that pony show somewhere else. Surely you can find yourself a ford bashing website somewhere!

Also, to the fact that you find there is little ambition to improve or make better on here is total nonsense. You obviously haven't explored this forum thoroughly yet. Plenty of guys that have done great things with their LS'es. Your in good shape though from what I can tell ... you're not going to be needing any help from those that you've already insulted the way I see it now.

You and Telco, if you don't like the Lincoln LS, have nothing good to say about it, you two are honestly on the wrong forum. Perhaps sell your LS'es, log out and go find some other automotive web forum where you'd be more happy. No sense bringing down the 95% of owners on this forum that do appreciate their car for what it is.

BOTTOM LINE: This is not the correct forum for constant bashing or trashing of the Lincoln LS

Working on it BigRig. I need to touch up a few paint spots, replace the rear brake pads and find the plastic clips that hold the seat back on at the bottom. Once these three things are done it gets a nice detailing and it's off to the car lots. But hey, you know you'll miss me at least...

<blush> yes you are correct, I will miss you deeply for some odd darn reason!

You'll just buy another one,Telco. You know too much about these beasts to stay away for long,I'll bet. don-ohio :)^)

Working on it BigRig. I need to touch up a few paint spots, replace the rear brake pads and find the plastic clips that hold the seat back on at the bottom. Once these three things are done it gets a nice detailing and it's off to the car lots. But hey, you know you'll miss me at least...

Members online

No members online now.
Back