00 ls system help

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i have heard many diff. opinions on this. please clear this up what are the sizes of all the speakers in the ls. mainly if i wanted more bass (had 4 12s in my old explorer 167.7 db) and didnt want a huge upgrade or something taking up the trunk, what would you recommend, ie. changing out the deck speakers, upgrading all speaker (think they sound good enough thought). please give me some insight.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO KEN. HE IS AND AMAZING BUSINESS MAN AND GREAT PERSON TO TAKE HIS TIME TO HELP OUT AS MUCH AS HE DOES. AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER LS OWNERS HERE WHO HELP US NEWBIES OUT.

itsnotmydaddys said:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO KEN. HE IS AND AMAZING BUSINESS MAN AND GREAT PERSON TO TAKE HIS TIME TO HELP OUT AS MUCH AS HE DOES. AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER LS OWNERS HERE WHO HELP US NEWBIES OUT.
Glad to help. We all share a passion and the more educated everyone is about the LS the better you're gonna enjoy it! :Beer

I just put in 2 12's with a 500 watt rms amp, and it is definitely enough bass for me. I was just looking to add some bass, not going for high SPL.

Upgrading the Head Unit is probably the easiest way to improve sound. Just the HU and subs make mine sound a whole lot better. If you want it real loud, you should replace speakers though, mine start to distort half way up on my HU.

SurfjaxLS said:
I just put in 2 12's with a 500 watt rms amp, and it is definitely enough bass for me. I was just looking to add some bass, not going for high SPL.

Upgrading the Head Unit is probably the easiest way to improve sound. Just the HU and subs make mine sound a whole lot better. If you want it real loud, you should replace speakers though, mine start to distort half way up on my HU.

I was wondering how good the factory speakers would sound if you was to hook up a 4 channel amp to those and put some bass blockers, if you not interested in spending more money on components and stuff. Think it would sound pretty good and keep up with your subs. But then again you would have to go out and spend money on a 4 channel amp to see. But just an idea. I was thinking your subs probably drowned out you highs and mids.

I keep my subs at a lower level than most people, and just let the Head Unit power the stock speakers. Sounds good, and it isn't just bass. I think my sub amp is about 1/3 of the way up.

I have MB Quart Components GSD213 powered by a 400watt(crunch) amp. In my trunk i have 3CD OC12"s powered by 3kw amp(mark antony)...144.2 DB (termlab). What mic gave you the 167.7db reading??? Anyways my system sounds phenominal with the components up and the subs down. But I listen to it with the bass way up most people can't handle it.

sorry for the typo i meant to change it earlier i hit 147.7 my brother hit the 167. sorry i just had 4 mtx 6000 (boooo) 2 rockford 800a2, all polk interior 5x7s, mtx 4400 for the mids and highs, alpine cvva 1003 tv, ps2 and changer. again sorry for the typo not trying to make things up

itsnotmydaddys said:
sorry for the typo i meant to change it earlier i hit 147.7 my brother hit the 167. sorry i just had 4 mtx 6000 (boooo) 2 rockford 800a2, all polk interior 5x7s, mtx 4400 for the mids and highs, alpine cvva 1003 tv, ps2 and changer. again sorry for the typo not trying to make things up

Heh, still an impressive reading. Where was the mic located? Port/dash?
How many cubes? Port size? What amp? What frequency did you burp at?

What was your brother running?

whatsupadrian said:
I have MB Quart Components GSD213 powered by a 400watt(crunch) amp. In my trunk i have 3CD OC12"s powered by 3kw amp(mark antony)...144.2 DB (termlab). What mic gave you the 167.7db reading??? Anyways my system sounds phenominal with the components up and the subs down. But I listen to it with the bass way up most people can't handle it.
Quart components are the :q , I have the three way set but haven't had the chance to install them yet. Those 6 little speakers kept up with my 8 15's when I had them in my bronco.
I've been looking for some new subs. What do you think of the ones you're running?
I want to go sealed and not take up to much trunk space.

whatsupadrian said:
Heh, still an impressive reading. Where was the mic located? Port/dash?
How many cubes? Port size? What amp? What frequency did you burp at?

What was your brother running?

the mic was on the dash at a usac competetion at some place in st.charles, no port. i got ripped off on the box it was a friends dads company and they built it for 50. it was a single chamber box (boooo) mtx denied me after i kept claiming blown subs. with the single chamber box each sub was going at a very different watt, causing them to blow once a week. had to sell the car. my brother had 4 15s in his probe dont know what amps hes using. im getting out of the loud stereo now want more sq. what size are the back deck speakers. freq dont know.

MikeB said:
Quart components are the :q , I have the three way set but haven't had the chance to install them yet. Those 6 little speakers kept up with my 8 15's when I had them in my bronco.
I've been looking for some new subs. What do you think of the ones you're running?
I want to go sealed and not take up to much trunk space.

I do not recommend clif designs. I only run them because i was sponsored by the.

Members online

Back