00 LS Sport For Sale (3.9)

blk00ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Unfortunately it has come time to sell my black beauty. This car is in good condition. i purchased the car with just under 88K for $10 grand (febuary will be three years of ownership). Im asking $5000. im graduating college in december and going away to grad school. im not planning on taking her with me (plus school is expensive). Let me also say that my previous car was an 89 LSC, which i loved. when i wanted to upgrade i was looking for a caddy (eldorado or sts), but i happened upon this LS, which caught my eye right away. The guy i got it from was selling it because his mom passed and she had a 03 or 04 Jag. Although there were a few shortcomings, the car is great and i love it.

More specs:

black on black (charcoal), 118,500 miles

3.9 V8, Sport package (Its got good power and handles like a F'n dream). 5 Speed automatic with the option to shift yourself (dont know what its called... manumatic maybe?). Premium only and fuel injector cleaner with every-other oil change, which were done on schedule. at this point i get about 15 MPG while commuting, and i dont drive like a jerk off. Also has heated front seats and fold down back seats.

Viper alarm with auto start (i forgot the model but its the one that you get a beeper sized key fob with a readout) It has the option to hook up the windows to it so you can raise and lower them from the remote.

tires are about a year and a half old (P235/50R17 95V SL Eagle LS) on stock brushed aluminum rims (see pics)

One year old Rear brake rotors and pads, Front pads are newer (8 months old approx)

20% tints all around (it had the windshield tinted when i got it, but i couldn't see anything so i had it removed), it also has front vent visors.

I put a pioneer D-2 in dash nav, with dvd player, steering wheel and i pod controls, with new speakers all around. plus a DTS 6 channel amp with two 12inch subs. Currently, however i took out the D-2 and put the stock 6-disk in dash changer back in (non alpine). i left the new speakers in but took the amp and subs out. If anyone is interested, im selling the D-2 setup (dvd player w/remote, ipod hookup) for $800 (or $1000 with the amp and subs). the pics of the nav in dash are old.

The car is almost nine years old and as a result has normal wear and tear as my daily driver (i commute from queens to Brooklyn for work and about 3 miles one way to school). Which means there are scratches, bumps and bruises. Nothing major, but like i said, the car is older and it shows (its not garaged either). There is minor damage to the front driver side quarter panel/bumper, where i was in a fender bender (there is a pic of that spot). There is also a small dent to the left of the deck lid (im not sure how it happened but i was parked in my school lot). The body lines are good and when shes clean she looks great.

There is an F'd up panel that is directly underneath the windshield. When i got the car the dude said he would buy the part and install it but he flaked out on me (and eventually changed his number after i harassed him for about a year). There are pics of this as well.

Work done on the car (from oldest to most recent):

Overheating problem(2/07): it was an intermitent problem, not consistant. (sometimes i would drive around the corner and it would be in the red, other times it didnt overheat at all) took it to stealership, they changed water pump, thermostat, and replaced anti freeze, charged me $650, then a month later it happened again. Took it back to them, they told me i needed a new fan/fan assembly. i told them F-ck off. took it to my old mechanic he said "oh sounds like an air bubble in the line" he charged me $20 bucks, bled the line and problem solved.

NOTE: After this incident, Baron Lincoln moved to Long Island, and my mechanic passed away (God rest his soul). So one of the mechanics from Baron Lincoln actually bought my old mechanics shop (in long island city), so not only does he know about the car, but i now break his balls constantly about that whole situation.

Valve Cover Gaskets (both sides) and coils (10/07): at first i just changed the coils, then they kept getting soaked in oil (and misfiring), so i ordered the gaskets from ford and had my (new) mechanic put them in. i actually received three sets of gaskets by accident so there is a spare set in the back seat. All in all 8 coils were replaced but 4 were before the new gaskets and 4 were after. I have not felt any hesitation or misfiring since. And while he was there he gave me a tune up with new plugs et cetera.

Clock Spring(2/08): Airbag light stayed on for no apparent reason, Changed clock spring out and reset the light.

Overheating Problem(7/08): This time it overheated after a long trip with the a/c on, so i knew it was actually hot (not like before). we changed the thermostat and cleared out the radiator (there were a lot of leaves and dirt between the slits of the radiator). Didn't work. Came to this forum and found out it could be the hydraulic fan pump. Found one in the forum and bought it plus the actuator (that i got from ford) and had it installed. that was in july, in august I proceeded to drive the car 200 plus miles upstate (a little less than 500 miles round trip) and had no problems at all.

Other than these things, there hasnt been any other major work done to the car aside from normal maintenance. If you have more questions or want more pics PM me or e mail me at Scohenglass@yahoo.com. It was hard to upload the pics on the thread, but i do have more pics of the body and interior.

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

LS 001.jpg

LS 002.jpg

Camera 031.jpg

Camera 033.jpg

Members online

Back