00' LS Headlight function problem.

Hawk

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an 00' LS and the right front daytime running light does not come on when the car is started, only the left driver side does.

In order for me to get both working I have to turn the headlights to the on position.

The bulb that is there is a 9006, I read somewhere that the proper bulb is H11. Can anyone confirm this?

Here is a pic with the headlamp dial at the 12oclock OFF position.
There is also a broken seal around the housing, I will be doing the restore with the silicone tonight.

ps. I checked the low beam left front fuse and it tested fine.

The 2000 uses a 9006 bulb. IMHO, it will be hard to get a suggestion here. U.S. cars weren't equipped with DRLs. Try swapping the bulb from the left side to the right side and see if problem follows the bulb. Is the plug fully seated?

Do both high beams work? The DRLs use the high beam bulbs (on gen II anyway), not the low beams.

If both high beams work, you likely have a defective FEM (Front Electronics Module).

If the right high beam does not work, then it could be the bulb, the socket, the wiring, or the FEM.

Problem solved it was the wiring behind the harness to the headlights. The pink piece had a loose connection. It got rewired now works like there suppose to.

DSC03089.jpg

good spot... you have the eyes of a haw.... nope, not gonna say it

Members online

Back