00-02 LS Remote start

Jyoshida

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had installed or has ever installed a ford remote start system in there LS's
I'm currently trying to find one but don't know witch one to get.
I have an 01 V8 all stock

I had a viper remote start on my 2001 V8 it was installed at Best buy never had a problem from it. I would not to do push start on this 06 seems like the factory key position on the dash is perfect for a push start

I would either go with viper or compustar, your going to need a few extra parts (extra relays, and an immobilizer bypass), most importantly, you need to find somebody that is very familiar with the LS to do the install as there are a few unusual things about the LS that is different from most cars. and you always want to buy the remote start from the place that is doing the install for any warranty issues.

personally if I was starting over and putting a new system into my LS I would get a compustar brain (CM6200)

then you pick out which remotes you want to use with the system. all of compustar remotes will work, you just need to pick the one with the features you want such as size, range, and 1 or 2 way, personally I really like their 2way G9 remotes as they are pretty thin and small and have a great range (3000')

then you would need to get their bypass (the Blade) for the PATS

without looking it up, from memory I think you would need at least two extra relays for extra ignition circuits

factory alarm disarm, lock and unlock wires are all inside the drivers door (so are the wires if you want to be able to roll up or down the windows from the remote if your feeling spicy)

you dont need a relay for trunk pop, but you do need one for popping the fuel door open if you would like to do that from the remote.

other nice options:

you can get the EZGO add on if you want the doors to unlock automatically when you get close to the car

you can get the Drone add on if you would like to be able to start (or lock or unlock) the car using your smartphone with unlimited range.

Yeah, I've been looking.
I have a Third Gen Smart key
2011-13 smart key programmed to my car right now.
Due to the fact I just leave my keys in my car anyways. Where I'm located odds of having my car stolen are slim to nothing.
So I either just leave them in there or leave my car running.
Reason why I want to try and find a Ford Remote starts is so I can program the smart key to it.

And my Father currently works for ford so installing it won't be an issue

I may be wrong here but I thought that any of the new fords with the start button on the key was only for the OEM (factory option) RS, which is completely different from the dealer RS option which has its own one button fob, and is just a stand alone RS system.

the factory RS option is built right into the cars computer, so you wouldn't be able to integrate that into an older car...

No no your right,
But I've herd of customers programming the new fobs due to the ford using the same frequency in there remotes...
But I have to check with the years of the cars.

Members online

Back