Lincoln LS custom LED taillights made

owlman said:
Yes, the sequential blinker is a 555 timer driving a shift register chip.
The 3rd brake light uses a microcontroller. I don't really have spec sheets :confused: but I would be willing to help if you need advice on a project!

Here's a 3rd brake light I made for another Stratus dude.
video

Damn that is sweet!!! How do I do it?!?!? I'm really good with electical projects, but never tried anything like this...

Interesting!

Here's my version of custom tail lights!

LS-Rear-2.jpg

Well, they can be opened! And, they should seal up again nicely with little to no references to the operation. Shouldn't be a problem to do pretty much what we want now, as far as LED's. Gonna go hack open the outside tail right now... be back in a few!

So the secret was to hack them open with a dremel? :(
Has anyone else opened their tails some other way? (like baking in the oven a la headlights?) I'm just scheming some led ideas... :rolleyes:

Probably wouldn't fit in a wing but yeah should fit in some applications.

Anyway nobody has found a clean way to open tail lights?

dont mean to jack the thread, but heres what i did:

2511312_18_full.jpg

Not very much, but it sets it appart. I really like what you did though

Yes a lot of them do, but its not necessary. Most LEDs have a very small viewing angle making a reflector around them worthless. I am going to be doing a set of LED tails for a 3G Mitsu Eclipse here shortly. We will see how it comes out. I still haven't had a chance to look at the LS tails though.

Speaking of Eclipse, this is definately very cool what he did with his, using LED's:

98 Eclipse Sequential LED Tail Lights

Members online

No members online now.
Back