EBC Slotted Rotors?

As an alternative, please see the comments on brakes on page 10 of 'Land Speed LS'.

I concluded that there are two paths that can be followed in doing brakes on an LS. One is to do the least expensive upgrade of stock dimension parts and the other is to go to full competition pieces. My choice for the comp pieces would be Wilwood, but at the least you'd be doing a fairly 'spendy' job. The result would be 14" iron rotors on aluminium hats and six-piston calipers. Mounting brackets would need to be fabricated.

A search on the internet allowed me to discover an ebay offering from topbrakes_net and a quick google will bring you to the right page. You'll get four directional-cut rotors and a full set of ceramic pads. The cost is $209 shipped. I've had them on my car for more than a year. They perform admirably. Comments and questions solicited!

KS

2 of mine cracked within 3 months of having them and ive emailed them multiple times with no response im just gonna get a set of oems

I have the EBC slotted rottors and OEM brake pads in the front. I've had them for about 8 months and its well worth it. The braking is good compared to stock rotors. I have not bought the rears but I will also buy the same set up.

My experience with EBC rotors all around and Hawk pads was little to no difference from stock in stopping. As for feel, after run in, the peddle is softer initially than the stock pads and rotors. Frankly I think the stock setup worked quite well for a street car, I was impressed with the brake feel and stopping power. I have had a few road race cars with developed brake systems so I know what stopping power can be.

In our aftermarket materials program I had my group run some of the Hawk pads. Many people discuss how they feel pads like these really come in during a stop compared to stock pads.

All of the OE manufacturers require relatively consistent deceleration during a stop, which is one of the reasons that semi-metallics are fading out of the OE picture. Compounds that have a good metallic content volume require a higher operating temperature to develop good friction, and to develop the shortest stopping distance you need good friction at the initial part of a 60 mph stop where you are covering 88 ftsec, not at 30 mph when your cover 44 ftsec.

When you first initiate a brake application in over the road driving the brakes are generally cool, and warming up throughout the stop. So with semi-mets or high met based material, the highest deceleration is happening towards the latter part of the stop, making it feel like it really "pulls in", but in fact the stopping distance is the same or god forbid, longer.

what pads are the best for no (least amount) of brake dust?

Idk about you but Id rather clean some dust than have brakes that suck at saving you from an accident. I'm going to be ordering EBC yellows, rotorpros lines and some sort of slotted rotor when it comes time to change my brakes.

I'm all about being safe and will never settle for anything less than stock... But I have a good 10" of inner rim chrome that's tough to keep clean.....
picture.php

Members online

No members online now.
Back