EBC Slotted Rotors?

For the price of just those rotors you can get the entire rotorpros kits minus the lines. I have the kit on mine and love it.

Mine are painted black center drilled and slotted.

I appreciate the feedback. Still looking to see if anyone has used the EBC's specifically. I have their pads on my cbr1000rr and love the feel they give.

For the price of just those rotors you can get the entire rotorpros kits minus the lines. I have the kit on mine and love it.

Mine are painted black center drilled and slotted.

Rotorpros website no longer offered Lincoln as an option in their dropdown menu. I did not even bother to send an email to see if that was an error.

Rotorpros website no longer offered Lincoln as an option in their dropdown menu. I did not even bother to send an email to see if that was an error.

All you have to do is call. Or email them.

I just ordered the kit a few weeks ago.

I paid $250 for the drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads.

I was looking at EBC Red pads but a number of our members were not having the best experience with them, noisy and cracking. Drilled rotors have a tendency to crack, and don't care for the look of slotted, I'm more of a spirited daily driver so I just went with Duralast CMax ceramic, lifetime warranty, after reading other members positive experience.

I too am not much on drilled rotors either. The slotted appearance does not bother me as much. How long have u used the Duralast?

Just got them, do a search there has been a few comments on this site and LLSOC, just looked and it is Duralast Gold Cmax, was $144.32 including tax for the front pads & rotors, $106 for the rear.

I was looking at EBC Red pads but a number of our members were not having the best experience with them, noisy and cracking. Drilled rotors have a tendency to crack, and don't care for the look of slotted, I'm more of a spirited daily driver so I just went with Duralast CMax ceramic, lifetime warranty, after reading other members positive experience.

Any rotor can crack and several of us have the kit with no issues.

I appreciate the feedback. Still looking to see if anyone has used the EBC's specifically. I have their pads on my cbr1000rr and love the feel they give.

I tried the pads once. They put out way too much dust and didn't last any time at all.

I currently have them on my LS and I would say I wouldn't use them after the next brake change. Three reasons why:
1- they do not stay black after wear in. They rust like any other rotor so the black highlight of the outer rotor and slots becomes rust brown after some time.
2-They hum... that's right you seldom hear this but all slotted rotors hum on deceleration. I had power slots on another vehicle and it did the same. I had thought because the slots are cut differently they wouldn't hum but no such luck.
3- You will feel a slight rapid pulse on hard breaking from the slots. It's not
alarming but it it is distracting. Again, common to slotted rotors.
I'm done with these on road cars and trucks. Next time I'm getting a good set of smooth blanks and pads.

I use ATE PremiumOne rotors, since around May this year. Zero rust on them, except for when I wash the car, the contact surface forms a tiny bit of surface rust. They are still silver on all non-contact surfaces. The only downside is the slightly cheesy look:

DSC_1169.JPG

I like the look of those Mark.. personal preference I guess

I have the EBC slotted rottors and OEM brake pads in the front. I've had them for about 8 months and its well worth it. The braking is good compared to stock rotors. The only reason I didn't go with EBC pads was for the reviews that a lot of members had given. I have not bought the rears but I will also buy the same set up.

what pads are the best for no (least amount) of brake dust?

For me it's been the Duralast C-Max ceramic. I also use Wheel Wax/Poorboys Wheel Sealant which may skew my results.

what pads are the best for no (least amount) of brake dust?

If you want the least dust...go with ceramics.

if you want the least noise, go with semi-metallic oem.

When i need to do mine again im gonna keep the rotors but turn them and go with oem pads.

My Experience

As an alternative, please see the comments on brakes on page 10 of 'Land Speed LS'.

I concluded that there are two paths that can be followed in doing brakes on an LS. One is to do the least expensive upgrade of stock dimension parts and the other is to go to full competition pieces. My choice for the comp pieces would be Wilwood, but at the least you'd be doing a fairly 'spendy' job. The result would be 14" iron rotors on aluminium hats and six-piston calipers. Mounting brackets would need to be fabricated.

A search on the internet allowed me to discover an ebay offering from topbrakes_net and a quick google will bring you to the right page. You'll get four directional-cut rotors and a full set of ceramic pads. The cost is $209 shipped. I've had them on my car for more than a year. They perform admirably. Comments and questions solicited!

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back