replacing 2006 lincoln ls headlights

coleio1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
im wanting to replace the bulbs in my 2006 lincoln ls but am unsure of how to get to them to change. can anyone tell me how to do this? thanks.

unbolt the head light, remover the head light, remove the cover over the bulbs, then remove the bulbs, reverse to reinstall.

thanks. so before taking off is there anyway to tell if i have the hids installed or not?

I found out mine were by turning them on and realizing they had to "warm up" to get to there brightest; regular halogen don't have to.There will also be a sticker on your headlight that says that they should only be touched by a technician, high current warning, etc. Pretty much don't go jamming stuff where stuff isn't supposed to be jammed into. I could be wrong but weren't hid's standard '03 and up?

Well , I'llbedamd !! I've had my 06 for one year now. A whole year! And never noticed that the lights were not plug n play style! I never even thought to look at that.

First of all why are you replacing them I have hid on my 04 and factory hid last a very long time. Why are you replacing them?

ok cause most bulbs i find for the h11 are 55w. some of the 9005 are 100w. so the 55w should be fine? what about 65w for the 9005?

Why don't you pull the stock bulbs out, and check the wattage? Stick to the stock levels, and don't bother with Hoens (maybe for your highs and fogs). The light they emit is actually somewhat dimmer compared to stock.

Members online

Back