sct flash tuners

pjcardona

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just put in cat back borla exhaust and k&n typhoon cold air intake. Now I'm thinking about the SCT SF3 flash tuner. Is this one good or is there a better one out there?

well dont have the site on hand and cant remeber it but torrie i think that is right makes or carries the sct tunner with custom dyno proven tunes im sure some guy on here will post that site for you

I use a SCT tuner for my 03 TBird. the TBird is highly similar to the LS V8 under the skin and the first thing the SCT asks you is if you are using it on a TBird or an LS. SCT offers a custom tune by SCT based on generic tests as selected bolt on items such as the Borls and K&N. Certainly not the same as a custom shop can do for you. It has its limits but will allow you to play with items such as shift points, gear ratios, tire sizes, remove speed limits, adjust for gas octane you plan to run, etc. It then makes all the adjustment it thinks you need and creates a new tune to upload to your PCM.
I like mine and it offers good value unless you are doing major mods that needs a pro shop to dial it in for you.
Note...when you hook up a SCT to a car the first time, it becomes tied to the PCM in that car via data it reads from PCM. You can change that link 5 times and then your SCT is "locked" and will need to be sent back to SCT to be unlocked ($$$). Even if you do not change cars, if you change the PCM or the dealer uploads a program update to your PCM, that uses up 1 of your 5 lives.

PS....you can also buy a SCT with a custom tune from a SCT dealer who has the right software to do that.

Get it from Torrie at torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

Replies very, very fast and makes great tunes. I have had a tune from both, ILLS and Torrie, first from ILLS, and recently from torrie. I felt Torrie's tune was better suited for my ls and me, would definitely do business with him again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back