Crappy day at work so I decided to beat on the car.

Dmaup

94m5 wanna be
Reaction score
Had a hard time getting a good video, and my best launch didn't record, this one I was a little overly aggressive and well got some tire spin....

What do you guys think, should I have my shift points adjusted?

YouTube - May 17, 2011 6:28 PM

WOW, high rev in neutral and slam to drive, surprised you did not have to turn around and pic up the pieces you left behind.

what the hell is up with all the dash vids on this site? I don't get it

I thought the trans exploded into second but then I remembered you added a fourth pedal on that car. :lol:

what the hell is up with all the dash vids on this site? I don't get it

129063121493186961.jpg

129063121493186961.jpg

Originally posted by Gilby959798 notice the light stays in the N position Raped... I think he just let off an extra pedal. lol

OMG, you mean to tell me he has one of those foot rest thingies on the far left. Man, that must of been special ordered. ;)

while i am thinking about it you might want to install a ballistic blanket on the trans and clutch. better safe than peg legged.

Lol JD, I dont think I will be getting it hot enough to do that, but I guess we shall never know

What do you guys think, should I have my shift points adjusted?

Who knows. I have mine set at 6500 rpms in 1st and 2nd and they are too high. I was reading another thread that got onto the topic of shift points. Opinions vary, but in MY opinion from what I have learned, if the powerband dies off at 6000 rpms, there is no sense in wasting time winding it out to 6500 or 7000 rpms because you aren't making any more power doing that going into the next gear. And for what it's worth, I too have the Cobra intake. I think it does make more power at higher rpms than the stock intake, so all I can tell you is that you will benefit from higher than stock shift points. In my case, 6500 is a bit much and they will be getting knocked down. It might be hard to part with the awesomeness of higher rpm shift points and the car being seemingly faster, but don't be fooled. Your car may be faster with lower shift points.

Who knows. I have mine set at 6500 rpms in 1st and 2nd and they are too high. I was reading another thread that got onto the topic of shift points. Opinions vary, but in MY opinion from what I have learned, if the powerband dies off at 6000 rpms, there is no sense in wasting time winding it out to 6500 or 7000 rpms because you aren't making any more power doing that going into the next gear. And for what it's worth, I too have the Cobra intake. I think it does make more power at higher rpms than the stock intake, so all I can tell you is that you will benefit from higher than stock shift points. In my case, 6500 is a bit much and they will be getting knocked down. It might be hard to part with the awesomeness of higher rpm shift points and the car being seemingly faster, but don't be fooled. Your car may be faster with lower shift points.

I agree with what you said and I also think that 6500 is a bit high, judging on just the few times I have had it out and really got on it. It seems to be more responsive when I shift it at 6000 to 6200. Once I get a bit more seat time I'll figure out the best spots but for now I am just playing around.

The car is a 5spd and the shift points comment was ment to get people going :D but I appreciate the input though.

Members online

Back