Where is my PCM

tegra1027

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im having trouble finding my PCM,,, Alldata says it is in the right rear of the engine bay, but its not there... Can anybody help me out on this one? Im driving a 2000 LS 8 cylinder. Thank you!

Its in the rt rear of engine compartment. You have to remove all the plastic cowling back there around the air intake for the a/c and heat.

You get to the actual PCM from the glove box, or rather behind the glove box. Remove glove box, remove PCM cover (2 bolts iirc), remove plugs on firewall side in engine compartment, remove PCM.

correct - you can see the PCM by laying on the passenger floor and looking up behind the glove box. to remove it - you have to pull the glove box.

Im having trouble finding my PCM,,, Alldata says it is in the right rear of the engine bay, but its not there... Can anybody help me out on this one? Im driving a 2000 LS 8 cylinder. Thank you!

Okay, I'm confused.

Your other post says that you think that the PCM needs to be "recalibrated." You don't remove it or even touch it to do that. You do that via the OBDII port.
If you're plan is to replace the PCM, then be aware that you will have to tow the car to a dealer before it will start and run again (unless you have a very good scan tool).

Okay, I'm confused.

Your other post says that you think that the PCM needs to be "recalibrated." You don't remove it or even touch it to do that. You do that via the OBDII port.
If you're plan is to replace the PCM, then be aware that you will have to tow the car to a dealer before it will start and run again (unless you have a very good scan tool).

Or, just drive it to the dealer and remove it there. Takes all of 10 minutes max. Hell, you could remove the glove box and pcm cover, then drive to the dealer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back