Starting List of Winter Projects

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Starting the list of new winter projects.

1.) Took apart an old set of "demon eyes". They stop working just after two years of being on the LS. Plan to paint the bezels Autumn Red and have a member install new angel-eyes in them.

2.) Having the bezels, rear surround, "old" McLaren grille, possibly chrome bumper trim, and two surprise pieces painted Autumn Red.

3.) Buying and installing a HID kit for the LS.

4.) First ever that I know of for the LS. Surprise everyone when its done.:cool:

5.) Headrest moniters coming soon.

I love winter projects.:) I will be posting pictures of things as they come together.

BTW Do I have to remove the bumper to remove the chrome trim pn the bumpers? Or can they be removed without taking the bumper off?

You could always tape off the bumper and leave them on.

But it would be better to take them off.

Nice list of mods I wonder what #4 is?...I don't like working on the car in the winter. For me spring is the best time to work on the car to get it ready for the summer! :)

I just had to work on mine right now and froze my butt off.

Its colder there but my hands still hurt trying to unscrew the talight off so its cold.

and i had gloves on.

No room to work inside garage with the chevelle in there (doesnt run right now)
and its not cold enough here long enough to have one.

we only have cold weather from december to feburary.

If i was still up in Milwaukee i would buy one....i used to live there for 5 years.

Big ups to you guys up north. I just couldn't live in tundra type of weather...

Yeah I've seen more than a couple Dallas area ls's in here.

Theres like 5 but nobody ever wants to set anything up.

Starting the list of new winter projects.

1.) Took apart an old set of "demon eyes". They stop working just after two years of being on the LS. Plan to paint the bezels Autumn Red and have a member install new angel-eyes in them.

2.) Having the bezels, rear surround, "old" McLaren grille, possibly chrome bumper trim, and two surprise pieces painted Autumn Red.

3.) Buying and installing a HID kit for the LS.

4.) First ever that I know of for the LS. Surprise everyone when its done.:cool:

5.) Headrest moniters coming soon.

I love winter projects.:) I will be posting pictures of things as they come together.

BTW Do I have to remove the bumper to remove the chrome trim pn the bumpers? Or can they be removed without taking the bumper off?

Due to truck repairs of $3000 and $5200 in the last month. I have to "revise" the project list.

1.) HID install this week. Have the kit already.

2.) Drop off headlight bezels, coil covers, rear surround, amd McLaren grille to be painted. Holding off on the chrome bumper trim.

3.) Send off the headlights for the "new" angel-eye install.

The headrest moniters and "surprise first ever" mod will have to wait. Priorities before toys. Taking the kids to Disney. That is more important then any mod for the LS.

HID pictures up sometime this week. As for the painted stuff. I will post pictures. Once everything is paintd and installed.

I wish our winter started in Jan. LS has been put up since 2nd week in Oct, snows been on the ground since first week of Dec, Can't wait for March!

i have a complete plug and play hid kit for the ls

Outkast got rid of his LS. Bklene50 wrecked his. I was the fortunate recipent of several parts.

carbon fiber steering wheel
spare set of headlights
coil covers
HID kit

All going to good use.:)

I wish our winter started in Jan. LS has been put up since 2nd week in Oct, snows been on the ground since first week of Dec, Can't wait for March!

Suppose to be 60 for the next 4 days. Overcast tues, wed, and thurs. Definitely taking the LS out.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back