newbe

jbarne89

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK. Just picked up (last week) a 2001 LS V8 after a crash that wrote off my 04 Town Car. The guy I got it from told me about this site and how much it's helped him. In the week I've had it I got a few things done (Magnaflow, Tint, Air Con fixed, Detailed,and so on). I've always liked these cars and was actualy in what they call NMPDC at Ford when they where working on the development of these in 1999. I am a Ford employee. I was fourtunate.to see the 1st TBird roll out in that plant. Now that I have one I can't believe how the induction is set up on this and was quik to order a KKM induction kit and a polished intake tube. If there is any feedback on this kit and how to get anymore HP out of the 3.9 without going to extrems I would be greatfull. Looking forward to this expiereance and working with everybody on this site. Thanks..... jbarne89

Welcome, the search feature works quite well on this forum if you can figure it out, most cant for some reason. If I am a prick to you at any time it is not in a serious manor, I do have a reputation for it tho. :D

Intake and Exhaust? Yup you are pretty much maxed out on HP now. lol

forgot to ask my 1st question, don't think my rain sensor is working. Is there a problem with these, I haven't been able to make them work by themselves.

good question, mine is sporadic and only turns on whenever it feels like it...

when you turn the car on and the switch is in the auto mode, do your wipers make a sweep on the windshield? did you pour water over the sensor area as a test or just when it rains?

Welcome. You can get headers and a tune for more hp.

other then tune, exhaust, intake, and headers theres not much to do

welcome.
what part of Canada? I am in Kingston, Ont.
this is a Great site, i have learned lots

Georgetown, Ont. near Oakville. Havn't tried pouring water on the sensor just still waiting for it to work in the rain. It swept once for me when I put in the key.

Quik sells a M90 super charger kit for about 4k on the LLSOC site, other than intake, exhuast, and a tune.

spray and forced induction are the only other real power makers

Thanks for all the suggestions. I sure would like to have a word with the person who designed the stock air intake on these. Must be the same guy who invented the crazy straw or maybe he's responsible for the BOSE WAVE radio. I'm thinking about throwing it in the trunk and hooking up a sub woofer in the air box...Sorry just can't wait for my intake parts from LS KONCEPS to arrive. Just as an experiment I took the bottom part of the air box out and zip tied my filter to the top half. I swear it made some ponies come out to play and it sounds better.

I sure would like to have a word with the person who designed the stock air intake on these. Must be the same guy who invented the crazy straw or maybe he's responsible for the BOSE WAVE radio.

yea it is a bit much, thank god they fixed it for the 2nd gens, the whole intake pipe is now less than 2 feet

pics and things replaced or tossed. photos taken from my phone so thier not the greatest...

Photo0005.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

don't think my rain sensor is working. Is there a problem with these, I haven't been able to make them work by themselves.
They work when they want to. They seem to work better at night or when the rain is really pouring down. Any other time, you might as well not have them on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back