She's got a salvage title now...

sideshowstunna

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
very long story short, I was hit about 6 weeks ago and just now settled with the insurance company. 2001 silver V8 sport, 118k, owned and babied by me (driven hard, but maintained and detailed even harder) since october 2006 and 61k miles.

This lady in a hyundai pulled out of a parking lot and hit me at about 15mph at a 90 degree angle, right front wheel and suspension took most of the blow. The upper control arm bent, the upper ball joint broke, the fender got a nice crease, and the bumper cracked.

The body shop gave state farm a $6,300 estimate for a vehicle with a retail value of $7,300. State Farm called it a total loss, gave me $6,800 and the car back. I gave the bank the $2,200 I still owed them, this leaves me $4,600 to fix her and no more car payment!

I am considering three scenarios and would like your suggestions:
1. Fix it to stock and sell it for a small profit
2. Fix it to stock and drive it for a while
3. (what I really want to do)paint it matte black and slam it on matte black 20's with a 2nd gen LSE front clip.

and my most important question, do you guys know if the v6, v8, and v8 sport front suspensions are interchangeable?

I' m not concerned about the strut and spring (I know there's differences in those between the 3 trim levels) but I'm wondering about the spindle/knuckle and upper control arm.

Thanks in advance for the input and advice guys, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

i'd say 3 but your car is white...Whatever isnt painted black would stand out alot.

it's actually silver, that crappy pic is from my blackberry, and I do have access to a paint booth and an uncle who does paint work for a living, so the end result would be high quailty. I would paint the chrome stuff too.

Do whatever is gonna make you happy man. just know that if you go black you are going to have to do the door jambs and under the hood and such...its gonna be a pain in the ass but do it right. as far as the parts go just check out car-part.com it deals with most salvage yards enter what you are looking for and your location and get exact replacements .if i had to guess tho id say the parts are the same v6 to v8 except coil spring rate.

it's actually silver, that crappy pic is from my blackberry, and I do have access to a paint booth and an uncle who does paint work for a living, so the end result would be high quailty. I would paint the chrome stuff too.

don't you love how the Silvers look difer colors at times. Mine is often blue when it's a clear blue sunny sky, metallic silver when dark or dusk. and kinda white with blistering sun

what's the difference man? I'm all ears on the matter

Satin has more of a shine to it and IMO looks classier. Matte just looks like black primer from what I've seen.

This is satin

lexus_satin_black.jpg

This is matte

matte-black-rolls-royce-phantom1.jpg

The rolls could be wet sanded and buffed (idk if that can be done with a matte color) and it would look the same as the satin..

Either way, I think you should keep the car of course.. The ball joints are different between regular and sport. So is the sway bar. Don't know about the upper a-arm though..

I definetly like the satin finish, the matte rolls is too plain for me (bad ass car though) what do you guys think of a red and black wheel on a satin black car, something like this...
4525.jpg

i'm just using that pic for the color combo, not the paint finish or even exact hues or what not, but that general look. I am a little sketchy on how it'll look on the ls myself, i might try to photoshop it first. now im playing with the idea of flat white with a gloss black roof panel and flat black face wheels with a white lip. this is the first time i actually get to customize a car, so my head is spinning with ideas.

Last edited:
Get it wrapped in that satin black stuff. Though it is extremely expensive. Probably be every bit of your 4k

2600 for a wrap, already looked into it. my uncle will squirt it free if i take it apart and help him with the prep. I'm a mechanic, he's a body man, so we often trade labor.

its a good deal, but i can paint it for 300-400 bucks, and that's a better deal. It won't be show quality paint, but it will be far from maaco. I'm a really picky person for stuff like paint, so I will be meticulous in during the process.

satin white looks sexy i like it 36324125423xs better then the black and put a black roof on it. it would look great

option #4: paint it matte black and ram it into the hyundai (or whatever economobile she now drives).

:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back