Just polished my headlights...

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Weather is great outside, so I decided to take a shot at polishing the lights. For only spending about 45 min total, I think the results are pretty good. Can't wait until tonight to see how it effects light output.
SSPX0126.jpg

SSPX0127.jpg

Looks good, I think having the lenses clear makes a dramatic difference in the overall appearance. Makes the whole car look 'newer'

Having them fogged up, definitely makes it look a lot older. I was at a Mazda dealer couple weeks ago for an interview. Only spot I could find, was among a ton of 09/10 models. Parked the car, and from a distance it looked like it belonged with all the newer models.

Weather is great outside, so I decided to take a shot at polishing the lights. For only spending about 45 min total, I think the results are pretty good. Can't wait until tonight to see how it effects light output.
SSPX0126.jpg

SSPX0127.jpg

Looks good. what products did you use?

I'll trade ya Laser...I'll do your lights in exchange for the blower. :lol:

Mine was the more archaic method. wetsanded with 1000 grit, and polished with Plastix. You can actually see the bottle in the second shot...:q:q:q:q I should get paid as a sponsor :lol:

ive used both and i think for the little extra the 3m kit is the way to go the results are clearer and lasted longer for some reason the headlights fogged back up after i did the plastic X

DEFINATLY clear them after you buffthem out like that. The first thing i ever do when i get another car is clean the lenses. Several times after cleaning them they seemed more suseptable to dirt and road grime, clearem beautiful for the longest. My favorite 2 products to use on lenses (i have used the kits too) is whitening tooth paste with a rag an elbow grease, or the headlight retore in the blue bottle (with same tactic as above)at the zone or walmart... or even pep girls.

After the 3M kit I have been watching them to see how they do and so far so good. I know it will not last forever so the plan is the head lights will come out over the winter get buffed an polished and then a good clear to protect them again.

I will just hang them in the booth and shoot them there rather than try and do it on the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back