Braggin, sorry........

1bad4.6l

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
:D:D Bought a snap-on box today. I have been doin this for 9 years off and on [did tires for a few years] with a wood top no wheeled cheap old 15 year old craftsman. Today I purchased a real box, this one http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item..._ID=77642&group_ID=20122&store=uk&dir=catalog

But the one Igo is john deere green it used to have yellow handles and a deere sticker but the original owner peeled it. It was a special edition. But it's mint and less then half price. Sorry to me this epic.

thats awesome... i want a nice box like that but right now i just use my pops stuff... he has everything i would need plus about 3 million things i done...

I wish...

I had to buy a top for the second box, ran out of room :D

I hear ya', I keep buying boxes too. You can see them in the corner here.

HPIM1198s.jpg

That old craftsman in the pic is what I was using. I will be moving tools today.

I got a big Snapy allso, the sucker is filled and I just receved a bunch more tools and an other small red box.

Congrats!

3k03of3l15O85Tb5Rea2ebc678c4929111def.jpg

I bought my first ever floor standing style tool box just last month - just the cheapo Harbor Freight thing for 150 bux. Does the job, though.

You should go check the area Pawn Shops ... sometimes you can get a nice box full of tools ...

But Better than the Box I want DLF's Rack he has the car on ...

i got a mac top and bottom box and a side cabinet, a 3 drawer cart all stuffed full and all sorts of odds and ends...............sitting in my parents garage :( never really noticed how much crap i had till i had to disassemble move and reassemble all of it

I finally can load a pic of the john deere box [the yellow handles will be here next week]. I also got this badass A.D. mask today.

PICT0138.jpg

PICT0139.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0206.jpg

I just don't get why they are so expensive. I mean jeez 1k for a metal box with no tools... I don't get it.

Tools are heavy, so boxes have to be built sturdy, and the drawers have to still be able to slide out with a hundred or so pounds in each drawer, so they use ball bearings. They have to lock good, so they use a nice locking mechanism. They have to be able to slide around a shop, with all that weight, so they use heavy duty wheels. Those wheels have to lock good when on a slant so the box doesen't go for a ride, or crush your 4 year old against a wall, or your prized vehicle. The box has to stand up to abuse, because Sh*t happens, and sometimes tools grow wings, so they use a nice metal to put it all together. The paint should hold up to spills of random vehicular fluids. all that adds up. can't forget the name brand sticker for a cherry on top.

You think the box is overpriced? Hows about that 300.00 dolla helmet.:eek:

my box is at work its older than me and a Kennedy
at home my tools are spread between about 5 small boxes it sucks

3-28-201 217.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Back