5000k vs 6000k

i think stock mark viii hids are 4k so i'd go 4 or 5k. plenty of light with the 4k

I agree with the 5000K, the higher it is the less light output you get. 5000K is about as close as you can get to factory I believe (4300K).

Do they really sell 5000K? Maybe its not that popular cause I mostly see 4300k and 6000k.

Take a look at Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Halogen Bulbs about $40 a pair, rated 4100K, bright white and plug and play.

I bought the Xentec's off ebay for my BMW a couple of year's back and the first kit they sent me had bad ballasts. My headlights would flicker all the time. I messaged the seller and he sent me a new kit for free and told me to keep the old one for parts if I wanted and sounded like they go bad quite a bit. The second one worked great and was only 60-70 bucks originally if I remember correctly. I got the 12000k kit that was somewhat purple in color. It was about the same color as a 350Z, it really lit up the road.

I have 6k in low beams and fogs love them they have a slight blue hue to them 43k has more of a crisp white look.

I looked at the kit on ebay and it only comes with a pair, would you have to buy two pairs? One for the High Beams and one for the Low beams? That seams reallys cheap for a HID conversion. I just bought headlights this past friday. $50 for Silverstars Ultras (4100K) for my high's, $40 for Silverstars (4000K) for the lows and $35 for Silverstars (4000K) for the fogs. I could only find the Ultras in High Beams, thats why I went with the regular Silverstars in my lows and fogs. I'm happy with them, but after reading this, I'm feeling I should of just did a conversion for the price.

I'd go with the 5000K's also, the 6000K's are a little too blue in my opinion.

I purchased some of the cheapos on ebay, and they lasted 2 years before I had to replace a bulb. Also My lights are always on regardless of day or night. I have the 10000k and they are bright white, with a slight blue tint.

i have 6000 right now and i think ill end up switching to 5000 eventually. the road in front of you doesnt look blue so much but the lenses themselves will

let us know if you get them i got the factory HID on my LS AND its 5000k i know this cuz a bulb went out and the stealership replaced it with a 5k bulb. i got the sylverstar 43k bulbs for my fogs and no they almost look like HID but you can tell the difference.

Members online

No members online now.
Back