Ford Explorer Tires and Wheels - Cheap

foxpaws

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am going to take advantage of the Clunker program and I thought if there was anyone in the Denver area that needs a great set of wheels and tires for a 1998 Ford Explorer or Ranger I would be willing to swap out for any old set (they just need to get me to the dealership - 25 miles away)

Here's the Craig's list ad - I'll knock down the price to $125 for everything for a member or FOM (friend of member ;) )

Let my gain be your gain - I am trading in my 1998 Ford Explorer Sport and have a great set of tires and wheels on it that I am willing to sell very cheap.

I am sure these tires and wheels fit many years of Explorers and Rangers!

The tires are Goodyear Wranglers with less than 10,000 miles on them - I have the paperwork for the 40,000 mile warranty to hand to you...

The wheels are the optional sport wheels - aluminum alloy - great looking and in wonderful shape - no noticeable curb rash, no pitting -

Also - I have a great spare on the optional wheel, that will added as well..

What's the catch?
I need your old wheels and tires - I don't care what shape they are in, I just need them to be able to drive to the dealership - about 25 miles away... And you need to help me swap them out...

Cost for everything - 5 great sport wheels, 5 great tires
ONLY $150.00 ($125 for LVC people!) - plus your old wheels/tires!!!

I need to do this by Friday Afternoon (7/31/09)- so don't miss out...
Just PM me here and we can work out the details...

tire4.gif

tire3.gif

tire2.gif

tire1.gif

Well - that was the fastest sale ever - already gone...

"Torque is how much of the wall you take with you."

I take as much as I please, thank you...

:cool:

TDub- I have to be able to drive it to the dealership - rather difficult to do if I remove the intake manifolds and heads ;) Plus, the old boy is running up to 180,000, and was a corrosion warranty buy-back from Ford - so, it is pretty much a rust bucket at this point...

Mr Nut - I am getting an AWD Vibe (read Toyota Matrix). Better gas mileage by far (the exploder is averaging about 15 or less), and if I need a hauler my brother and my Dad both have big trucks I can use anytime. Plus, with all the rebates, the Clunker money and how desperate they are to get rid of Pontiacs, with tax and fees, out the door, less than 15, and this car has all the bells and whistles you can toss at these little things. Plus, with the Toyota drivetrain, I don't really need to worry about GMs longevity...:)

Torque - you like walls?

I rented a vibe when I was in FL.
It was a ok car but it was a bare bone rental.

Did you look at the G6?
Kim wants one.

The Vibe is a really practical car with the AWD and fold flat seats.

Mr Nut - I am pretty sure the G6 is a Holden platform. I would wonder if GM is going to be supporting a lot of their Americanized Holdens here in the US once Pontiac goes away.

I actually drove one as a 'bare bones' rental too... not for me.

The Vibe has the Camry drivetrain in it - since it is the AWD version... Pretty tried and true. And there is 'scuttle' that it will be rebadged into a Chevy at the end of next year when Pontiac goes away.

The only problem is the name - gak - do I park it in the garage - or store it in my nightstand drawer?:p

Must be the G8 that is a Holden...
Hopefully she'll find something... And think paddle shifters - boy are they fun... I realize sticks have a certain 'appeal' but for sheer fun - paddle shifters are the way to go!

Must be the G8 that is a Holden...
Hopefully she'll find something... And think paddle shifters - boy are they fun... I realize sticks have a certain 'appeal' but for sheer fun - paddle shifters are the way to go!

I think it is the g8 because it rear wheel drive.

I dont know what the deal is with the stick.
Her commute is a short one.
If she sat in traffic like me I am sure the thrill of the stick would go away.

Oh, as a heads up if you are thinking of doing the clunker program...

I hooked up with a fellow exploder owner because of my craigs list ad and we swapped his old steel wheels and pretty sad tires for my great looking alloys and really nice tires. He also got my spare, we switched batteries (once again, mine was only about a year old, and still had 4 years left on the warranty and his was really old) and he also grabbed the radio, switched air filters, took the towing wiring and ball, the original owners manual, the cargo cover and the floor mats. I made a bit of money - and we did our own 'recycling'.

So, if you or someone you know is using this program, there maybe someone out there who needs the items on your car that are in good shape and would be able to swap things out.

Geez I hope it works out.
I see they are all out of cash!

Hope your deal is done.

Well, leave it to the government to make things exciting...

But after quite a roller coaster ride... the small blue beastie is all tucked in and the old Exploder is awaiting his fate :eek:

car.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back