OK New Rule

rainjacks

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I thought this went without saying. I learned yesterday that it didn't. I suggest that when driving in traffic if another LS wants to merge in front of your LS that it is common courtesy to let them in.

I promise to do it for all of you if you will do it for me. Even you Mr. Dan Ryan Expressway Grey non-sport Gen1 LS driver!

I promise to do this too... If I'm ever in that position!
I bet I see another LS like once a week - not that I mind of course! One of my favorite things about this car has always been that I don't see them very often...

I normally let them in, just to check out the car! Doesn't have to be an LS, mind you, just a nice ride.

Well at first i would play games with them to see if they had a v6 or a v8 then i would let them glide right on by :shifty: :cool:

when i see another LS if its coming in my direction i swerve at it a lil to get their attention so we can admire each others ride lol

I'm changing my answer. It depends on the LS. If it's fuschia with 22" choppas, I'm runnin that LS blasphemy off the road :D

when i see another LS if its coming in my direction i swerve at it a lil to get their attention so we can admire each others ride lol

The other day I was heading out of town, and saw a NICE newer M5 going the opposite direction. Naturally, I was breaking my neck checkin it out. I looked to see the driver, and he was doing the same thing to my LS! :cool:

+1
I definately do that as well. Here is something I have noticed though. Of about 99% of the LS' I see on the road, the drivers don't seem to notice me or my car. I never get a slight wave or a honk or a headnod.

I owned a 03 srt-4 just before getting the LS (laugh and rip on me as much as you want, but that car was f'n fun to drive and mod.) and almost every single one I saw on the road, the drivers would acknowledge me and my car. And I'm talking all ages and genders here. Now I would say I see about as many LS' as SRT-4's, they are both rather uncommon vehicles, it would be nice if I felt the same brotherhood with the LS drivers :(

I do what I use to do when I drove MG & Austin Healey's, I use the passing feature of the headlights and flash twice with on coming Lincoln LS's.

Here in the Detroit area, an LS is very common. Even female drivers are common. I mostly get interest from kids. The local McDees has a guy in the drive-through always calls the other workers to look because of the roll cage and gauge panel that's visible. I don't get red light action either---and for the same reason.
KS

Courtesy is always a good idea---unless you get an :q:q:q:q:q:q:q that tries to push in.

I too, thought this went without saying. Of course there are a few other cars that I have to make sure the driver knows where they belong.

Behind the LS.

They usually come up behind me fast, come around me and fly by. Had it happen again tonight with a black V6 Gen II.

I'm usually passing by them. I see one everyday whether on the 94, 57 or the streets and they always drive super slow. So I just pass right on by.

Members online

No members online now.
Back