03 Ls V8 Vs Magnum Hemi

And then you have the rest of your life to counter your conscience.

I dont understand this? You just met the guy randomly since you said you just noticed the car I'll assume? Then you challenge him to a race to which he rebuffs and names all the cars he's beaten, then in your second post it's suddenly HIM who is begging to race .......yet neither of you guys did.

Nowhere do you say you guys are actually going to meet up with him again and race. So do you basically just want opinions on whether an LS can beat a Magnum, albeit with all these other stupid factors like unsprung weight, chips, etc or are you actually going to race the guy instead of gathering numerous opinions and strategies.

I dont think anyone "plans" a race, he just wanted to know if they were to race, what were his chances of winning? all the other stuff was just us "guys" throwing "what if's" in. Its all in fun.

We both want to race.... we live down the street from each other... the problem is he wants to race for 250$ or more... so I wanted to know for sure if it is worth it.. I dont really have 250$ to lose... but I would like to race him for nothing to prove that I would win.. but he wont..

IMO he is getting scared because I told him that I have talked to many people and they all think I would win. after I told him that he hasn't said another word to me..

So hopefully soon he will fix that spare... id feel better about the entire thing if he fixed if before a race.

Heres a idea. Tell him to stuff that 250$ into a new freakin tire!

Buy a case of beer and go home and race him in Grand Turismo.

250 bux to race his ugly azz Dodge? Tell him to Ram it. :rolleyes:

There are bound to be far more worthy contenders that will race for free. No time for people like that - making everything about money. What happened to good ole fun and sportsman's bets?

Just cross your fingers when you agree to the bet :D

I can tell you of a personal experience of mine with a Magnum Hemi, i was next to him at a light for an on-ramp for the highway. He was kinda driving like a fool before getting to the light so i knew he was gonna gun it while getting on the highway. So the light turned green, we both took off and i had about a half car length on him and thats how it stayed, he wasnt able to pull on me at all, he tried though. We ran up to about 80-90ish and i pulled back and he kept going. It wasnt exactly an official "race" but he definately was trying. I dont consider the LS a fast car by my standards so im not impressed with the Hemi's.

Lloyd, he HAWKED in my burger!

if you're sure theres no power adder, raise the bet to $500 and see what he says. i would think you could inspect each other's cars if there's money on the line. if rob left the option open on your xcal, bump up your timing as much as you can without pinging. the numbers are close but you should get him if you can drive good. practice launching - brakestand to 2400 then let off and ease into the gas as much as you can without burning out. find out if manual shifting is faster and do it if it is. run it up to redline without bouncing off the rev limiter.

Magnum 5.7 4200lbs, 1/4 mile: 14.6s @ 97.4mph
340hp @ 5,000 390ft-lbs @ 4,000 0-60 6.4s 0-100 16.3s Top speed 143

Magazine Test Specs...

2005-2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
Engine : V8, OHV, front engine RWD
Displacement : 5,654 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd automanual
Fuel economy : city - 17 mpg highway - 25 mpg
Suspension : F - Independent double wishbone R - Independent five-link
Brakes : F - Vented discs R - Vented discs
Horsepower : 340 hp @ 5000 rpm
Torque : 390 lb-ft @ 4000rpm
Redline : 5800 rpm
Top speed : 130 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 5.8 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.6 sec @ 97.5 mph
60-0 braking distance : 125 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.80 g
Curb Weight : 4142-4336 lbs

2003-2006 Lincoln LS V8
Engine : V8, DOHC, front engine RWD
Displacement : 3,934 cc
Valve : 32 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd automatic, 5-spd SelectShift
Fuel economy : city - 18 mpg highway - 24 mpg
Suspension : F - Independent unequal length control arms R - Independent unequal length control arms
Brakes : F - Vented discs R - Vented discs
Horsepower : 280 hp @ 4000 rpm
Torque : 286 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline : unknown
Top speed : 140 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 6.5 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.9 sec @ 95.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft.
200 ft skidpad : 0.78 g
Curb Weight : 3755 lbs

3 tenths difference in the quarter mile- thats close. i think it can be made up with a good launch and 60'. i would guess the sct tune to be better than the "chip" too. it will be close. take any subwoofers or spare tires out along with any loose crap, and go with 1/4 tank of gas. drop your tire pressure to 20. you'll get him. then you can say your 3.9 beat his 5.7.

Fill your tires with helium to reduce your weight and "float" you over the road. Then replace your muffler bearings, change to full synthetic blinker fluid, and charge your flux capacitor and you'll be good to go.

if my lil' 4 banger can take one than sure, why not for the LS. Oh wait, I am very much lighter.

I think it would be pretty close, being he has those big wheels I am sure that crappy 1/4mile time got crappier. He may of gotten some of it back w/ his "mods" but unless he is using giggle juice or something else like meth. injection than its all about who gets off better and I am not talking about in the sheets lol. Reduce air in tires for max grip, race with 1/4 tank and see how it goes. Definitely check out his car and vice versa, someone putting money on the table for a race is mostly likely hidding something or watches F&F religiously.

Fill your tires with helium to reduce your weight and "float" you over the road. Then replace your muffler bearings, change to full synthetic blinker fluid, and charge your flux capacitor and you'll be good to go.

you forgot gutting the interior and sitting on a drywall bucket.

The rims and subs are going to slow him down substantially so any mods he has done are just basically making up for what he's lost with those. I would say that with what you have done and with the right launch you would beat him unless he has something under the hood that he hasn't told you about but it doesn't sound like it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back