Gas Pedal Sticking

slabls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well for the past week when i start my ls in the morning on my way to school my gas pedal sticks. i have to press it really hard or just stomp on it, does'nt happen while im driving or accelerating, jus when i first start it up. any insightt on this situation? i've searched these boards and have turned up empty...:confused:

2000 v6 non-sport

Try cleaning the inside of your throttle body. Over time the oil in the air drawn in thorugh the PCV valve will build up and make the throttle stick, especially when it's cold. The front side should be virtually clean, but if you open the throttle by hand you'll see the oil goo I'm talking about. Use a clean, lint free rag (you don't want dirt and lint getting into your engine) wetted with throttle body cleaner to wipe it out.

Also try to spray some lubricant down into the sheath around the throttle cable while you're in that area.

is this something i can do or should i have a mechanic look at it?...if it is pretty easy where is the "throttle body"

follow the big tube that raps around the front of the engine,,, where it stops is the throttle body

(passenger side of the engine)

if you disconnect the throttle linkage from the throttlebody - just pops off typical ford - you should be able to tell if the throttle plate is sticking by moving it by hand - or if the pedal/cable is binding.

Members online

No members online now.
Back