NEW Drilled/Slotted rotors, SS lines, Painted Calipers *PICS*

lexdiamondz10304

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got my new brake set up.. here are some pics. Love the color, its not really an "anodized look" as duplicolor states but its more like a candy, it looks awsome in the sun!!... The SS lines really make the brakes feel alot more responsive along with the new slotted/drilled rotors. Now I cant wait to lower my car next week.:D

BTW: paint will hold up over time... I have a couple of friends with this paint scheme on their calipers for over a year now.

Also the first pic shows the old VHT paint that flaked off, I sanded the brake the best to my ability, and preped it before paint. So its not brake dust as many you might think.

100_0675.JPG

100_0680.JPG

100_0681.JPG

100_0686.JPG

100_0691.JPG

100_0693.JPG

100_0696.JPG

100_0700.JPG

100_0699.JPG

That looks badass but why didnt you paint that lil lip behind the roater thats what i did..

Looks good, man. How long did it take you to do all that? How would you rate the project from 1-10 (10 being the most difficult)?

If your mechanically inclied about a 5... If your a novice about a 7. Patience is the key!! I highly recommend removing the caliper if your only painting them, to ensure a more uniform finish. If you dont the candy coat will flow to the lower part of the caliper more and it will give off a uneven tone.
The project took me about about 4 hrs. 1 hour per side. While the paint was drying, I moved on to the next side.

Hey lex, Why don't you go the Fabulous Ford show with some of us other guys that will be attending on April 20th. You can go to thier website and get an order form. It will cost you $35.00. http://www.fordcarclubs.org/

looks good. great choice on colors.

The only thing I would disagree with is .. painting calipers is a 2 or 3 on the difficultly scale. Swapping the rotors and adding SS lines - brings it to a 3 or 4. Most people can do this using only hand tools - and there is no reason not to try it if you like the looks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back