Right-Side drive LS

00ls5spd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I brought this subject up a long time ago, but I could never find any pics of one.

I won't act like I can afford this mod, but if I could I would look into it.

I don't want my LS to be ricey, but I think it would be unique.

So to the point of my post, does anyone have any idea how to find a pic. I googled, yahoo'ed, ebay'ed..... sent a smoke signal and no hits.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Justin

Doubtful because I'm pretty sure this car was never built for use in the UK or Australia (or whatever other backwards countries use RHD) and it's not exactly mass marketed to mail carriers.

It would take some pretty crazy and expensive custom work.

Edit: Ohhh Coja you is a quick one!

I read that the plan to make right-hand-drive versions was scrapped. Maybe there aren't any?

Why would you do that "mod" anyway, so you can deliver mail easily? :lol: It would definitely be unique!

edit: do'h I'm slower than both of you :( ;)

Ever hear of the Japanese market for the Ls???
Please do a bit of research before subitting your remarks

I found one on car domain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109106

I'll admit though the mailman remark is pretty funny....

I just think it loks unique and with my Ls being stick it would be fun....I drove a few RHD cars when I was in Japan, so I think it would be cool.

That's too bizarre to look at. Looking at the dashboard and the steering wheel on that side makes me dizzy.

A RHD V8 LS just joined LLSOC. It looks pretty cool. Apparently it's super rare because it has the V8. The guy is in the UK.

Yes, here is another Japanese LS. I have never seen a gen II LS? Did they make any RHD for the 2003-2006 models?

Jap LS-RHD.jpg

Jap LS-RHD-Inside.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever seen those wheels... anyone know if those are normal "USA" wheels?

Doubtful because I'm pretty sure this car was never built for use in the UK or Australia (or whatever other backwards countries use RHD) and it's not exactly mass marketed to mail carriers.
Nope. As Osain noted, an gentleman from England with a RHD LS V8 just joined LLSOC awhile back. Apparently, there weren't many, but they did sell LSes in the UK.

Nope. As Osain noted, an gentleman from England with a RHD LS V8 just joined LLSOC awhile back. Apparently, there weren't many, but they did sell LSes in the UK.

Well that's why I said "pretty sure" as in to the best of my knowledge. But this is an informational forum and apparently others are more well informed. Thank you for pointing out that obvious fact. I am now even more well informed that you repeated it to me again.

The interior is different too! I have a Gen II but isn't the cup holders/console different in the Jap version compared to the US?

The interior is different too! I have a Gen II but isn't the cup holders/console different in the Jap version compared to the US?

That is the cup holder my manual came with, I swapped it out for the flip double cupolder, But am still looking for the open dual cupholder on some of the 02 models.

E-Brake is now on the correct side for the driver.. It doesn't seem right for the passengers to have the e-brake on their side of the center console.

I was thinking that the other day, until I tried to position my arm to actually pull the hand brake if it were on the same side as the driver. Didn't feel right, ergonomically.

Well.... The car from "japan" looks like a Gen 1! Are you guys sure this isnt photoshopped!?!?!?!? I can make a JDM LS!!!! One BIG reason why I say this is....If the LS peeps at lincoln are gonna spend all that money to make it Euro/JDM......Wouldt u think they would put a correct Front Plate frame?!?!?!? It's still US Spec!!!!!! Heeeeeello?!?!?!?!?:rolleyes:
Eh....Juss my 2 cents!:D
L8rs
-JJ:cool:

Jap plates are rectangles. Did anyone catch the knob for the seat adjustment?

Members online

No members online now.
Back