Wanted A Hid Kit

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay well i want to get an HID kit and wondering if any fellow ls people have one. Dont really care if its used or whatever. If you know any good/cheap place to get them let me know... thanks

The bulb size depends on your year.2000-2002 loew beam is 9006. Im not sure what the 2nd gen LS'. Sounds like you need to do some research. LSK has a fusion kit thats pretty good.The cheaper kits some people have had some problems with.

just a change in color... they under warranty so its not like i lost anything

did some LS' come with HID's? Theres no projectors on my lincoln and I dont want to put HID's in a regular headlight housing.

did some LS' come with HID's? Theres no projectors on my lincoln and I dont want to put HID's in a regular headlight housing.[/QUOTE

No LS' came with projectors. Projectors are just a way the light is refected. HID's actually run cooler than halogen so you dont have to worry about melting your housing. I have HIDs in my lows and fogs and no problems

not worried about melting the housing, Im worried about a correct beam pattern. HID bulbs are not meant for reflector housings.

If its possible, does anybody have any pictures of an LS with HID's with the beams against a garage door or something?

Okay so quality is an issue so i should find some good ones. So my car is 1st gen 2000-2002, since its a 02. I need a size 9006 bulb? What size do i need? Thanks

Also are they easy to install, never really messed around with headlights and crap.

My LS was fine with my hid's it had no glare what so ever. Alot of people automatically think since you don't have projectors on your car and install aftermarket Hid's that it will cause a glare. Mine reflected the 6000k bulbs on the road perfectly fine.

Dec102007265-1.jpg

They are very easy to install also. You just have to take out four plastic screws, pop them out, then take the big black cover off and there they are twist the old ones out, twist the hid bulbs in and plug the hid's in and your ready to go.

My LS was fine with my hid's it had no glare what so ever. Alot of people automatically think since you don't have projectors on your car and install aftermarket Hid's that it will cause a glare. Mine reflected the 6000k bulbs on the road perfectly fine.
That looks like quit a bit of glare to me. :rolleyes:
If you have a 2000-2002 you have a reflector that was designed for halogen bulbs, not HID bulbs, as D2R HID was not an option on the first gens. There is a huge difference between the design of each type of reflector.

I'm not trying to hop onto all the HID threads on this forum to burst people's bubbles, or to try and distract from the businesses that sell HID kits. I'm just trying to keep the info about HID on this forum as accurate as possible.

Did you get anything for your high beams? I guess i dont need it since i dont do any highway driving.

That looks like quit a bit of glare to me. :rolleyes:
If you have a 2000-2002 you have a reflector that was designed for halogen bulbs, not HID bulbs, as D2R HID was not an option on the first gens. There is a huge difference between the design of each type of reflector.

I'm not trying to hop onto all the HID threads on this forum to burst people's bubbles, or to try and distract from the businesses that sell HID kits. I'm just trying to keep the info about HID on this forum as accurate as possible.

Well the picture is going to catch a glare of a headlight either way. It was pitch black outside when I took this picture. The only reason it doesn't look dark is because I had the flash on. So, no there really wasn't a glare. I never had one person flash there brights at me. So, I am 100% positive there wasn't a glare. It just appears that way a little in this picture from the angle the picture was taken ( at the level the headlights were shining) But, I agree totally I don't think people should put hid's in the car if they have a huge glare effect of light. But, mine didn't.

But, you should not put hid's in your brights. It is not safe and most hid's take a few seconds to fire up to complete lighting. If anything buy some Xenonmatch from LSKoncepts they are just as bright and will not have the delay effect of a HID bulb. You will have to buy the 60 watt cable though to use them to there full potential. Atleast on the ones that put out as much lumens as an HID bulb.

Well the picture is going to catch a glare of a headlight either way. It was pitch black outside when I took this picture. The only reason it doesn't look dark is because I had the flash on. So, no there really wasn't a glare. I never had one person flash there brights at me. So, I am 100% positive there wasn't a glare. It just appears that way a little in this picture from the angle the picture was taken ( at the level the headlights were shining) But, I agree totally I don't think people should put hid's in the car if they have a huge glare effect of light. But, mine didn't.

But, you should not put hid's in your brights. It is not safe and most hid's take a few seconds to fire up to complete lighting. If anything buy some Xenonmatch from LSKoncepts they are just as bright and will not have the delay effect of a HID bulb. You will have to buy the 60 watt cable though to use them to there full potential. Atleast on the ones that put out as much lumens as an HID bulb.

not trying to start an issue or big argument... but there is a HUGE difference between HID housings and Halogen housings. Its a simple FACT that a halogen housing will not properly reflect and HID light. Im not saying it CANT, Im just saying it's not supposed to. With that said, do you happen to have any pics of the beam pattern on the road or against a wall so I can see the cutoff? Id like to put HIDs in my first gen, but I want to see the beam pattern before I invest in it. If need be, Ill get some spare headlights and hack some projectors into them.

Yeah I agree with you. But, no not at this time. I had to sell the ones I had to fix a coolant problem I had with my car (reservoir tank, thermostat). But, I have more coming in this coming up week. They are the same brand ballast and kelvin. So, I will take pics for ya'll asap. But, that would be different looking seeing a projector in a LS lol. I will get those pics as soon as I receive them in the mail though.

not worried about melting the housing, Im worried about a correct beam pattern. HID bulbs are not meant for reflector housings.

If its possible, does anybody have any pictures of an LS with HID's with the beams against a garage door or something?

Thats not true 03+ LS' had the xenon option. My 2005 Toyota Avalon also have facotory HID and BOTH of them have reflector housings. Also there are several cars out there that have projector headlights that dont have HIDs.

let me rephrase... not meant for Halogen reflectors.

And I never said projectors were only made for HIDs.

well to add fuel to the fire.... you CAN use HID in a halogen housing.. its all in where the arc of the hid is. if it is very close or the same distance as a halogen filament you will have no problems. Glare occures when the light is improperly focused.

Members online

No members online now.
Back