LStang

macboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this pic before? It is an LS with an early prototype of the 2005 Mustang front-end. This frankencar was used to help evaluate the LS's DEW98 platform (chassis and powertrain) as a possible platform for the 2005 Mustang. As you may know it was rejected for a number of reasons, and the new Mustang bears little resemblance to the LS. I am really curious to see what it would look like without the bra in the way.

2005-ford-mustang-13.jpg

interesting indeed, would love to see more pics.

Here is an actual mustang prototype they built - few years before deciding on the direction - this designed leaned heavily on components from the LS....

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/sema99/sema99frp3.htm

Yes the fr500 borrowed suspension and some other bits from the LS, but was still based on the Fox4 (94-2004) floorpan.
I saw that car on the road course and it was a vette killer (in its near production form).
but the IRS rear based mustangs before that it was deemed 'too expensive" and cut.
I know I would have sold all three of my mustangs at the time for on fr500.

sometimes i look @ my car and it looks like if a mustang was turned into a classy sedan

Strange some of the things people think of. The only things that should be swapped are the motor and some suspension/brake components.

Members online

No members online now.
Back