sway bar (rear)

Cubster

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After having new struts in front & coils in the rear, and lowering 1.5", I opted for a rear sway bar, I had it installed yesterday.......WHAT A DIFFERENCE, now, I'm going to order the front sway bar, I couldn't believe the difference between the stock And my new 1, the stock sway bar weighed about 2lbs, the new 1 weighed at least 15lbs. After the front is installed my Mark will handle like a Corvette....well, maybe not exactly, but close !!!! Thanks again Struts-r-us

Have fun with the front sway bar. You have to drop the K-member to replace it. Not as 'easy" as your rear bar.

BTW, nice job AGAIN on the coil conversion....pretty sweet, aint it? Tim's a good vendor.

BlackIceLSC said:
Have fun with the front sway bar. You have to drop the K-member to replace it. Not as 'easy" as your rear bar.

BTW, nice job AGAIN on the coil conversion....pretty sweet, aint it? Tim's a good vendor.

LOL.. Craig, I'm not doing the front, I'm having the same person do it that did my conversion & rear sway bar. If I were doing it ( lol ) I'd have a lot of extra parts after it was installed.

driller said:
Just remember with all the extra weight, you'll be slower! :N

Thats not necessarily true: hypothetically, I'm road racing with 3 other Marks that haven't had the coil conversion or have been lowered 1.5", and haven't had the front and rear sway bars replaced, what I'd lose in the straight aways I'd surely make up for in the turns. So in this case the weight is negligable !!! :dancefool :Beer lol

It won't handle like a vette. Not even close. It will be able to go around corners a lot better, but nowhere near as well as a vette.

There a lot of different generation Vettes, i'm sure a modified Mark VIII can take the turns better than an old school vette no problem.

What would happen if you didn't put the shorter end links on and reused the original? How would that influence the handling or stability?

On the LS? I don't know. I still have the original end links on the front and rear. I've lowered the car about an inch or so, but I haven't seen any problems with handling... so far, seeing how I've prolly got what, 200 miles on the new suspension? And it's damned near a year old.

I've noticed that the SuperCoupes and I think the aftermarket rear sways do have different end links. I've always heard that you should replace them when changing sway bars, but I've never heard why. Why do they look different and what's the point of doing so on the Mark VIII.

Members online

Back