Lincsicle

owlman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Post your frozen Lincoln pictures :woowoo2:

icyls.jpg

haha that is awesome hope your windshield wiper heaters are on ha

I've called the authorities - they will be by soon to 'free' the car from this abuse.

It's for the best.

We got hit with something like that back in 97 or so. It went on for over a week. What a pain in the balls. Cool pic, though :D

Pretty sure I saw a body kit like that one for sale on Ebay lol.

How long was it out there???

Send that picture to Al Gore and ask him where the Global Warming is? Although i must say i am still running the a/c in the middle of January. That doesnt seem right.

No kidding i started to sweat walking to class today. I dont know how much more of this florida winter weather i can take. ;)

My car looks far worse, but my camera would freeze in this weather if I tried to take a pic. We got a bad ice storm also. Ice is about 1/2 thick on my car. I can't even open the doors until it thaws out.

That's nothing. On Sunday, I broke 2" of ice/sleet off of my LS. It looked like snow, but it was freakin' ice, and it broke up in big 2" thick slabs. I saved my LS the indignity of having its picture taken under such condition--plus I only have a camera phone that takes crappy 1.3MP pictures.

I drove my F150 down to the mailbox twice (once to take the trash to the road and once to bring the empty can back), and I drove the LS down to the street twice (plus to and from work today), and the ice/sleet was so thick and solid that you can't tell that a vehicle has been over it. I don't remember the last time I saw anything like this--and we're supposed to get snow this coming weekend.

T_Man said:
My advice..... MOVE!
It's Austin, Texas. It usually doesn't get much hotter than here.

My car got a thin layer of ice on it while eating dinner. Only have a pic of the windshield with a little snow on it, my car stays in a parking garage.

Silver02Sport said:
Dam its crap like that that reminds me why I'm never leaving florida.

I lived in Delray Beach FL for 2 years. If it wasn't for 9/11 and the change in immigration rules, I would still be there, nice and warm.

SurfjaxLS said:
It's Austin, Texas. It usually doesn't get much hotter than here.
Yeah, we get ice maybe once a year, and everything closes down so it's no biggie :D

Sooner--I hear you OK folk get some crazy ice storms up there. Did you lose power or anything?

It went from being a nice and balmy 75 degrees here yesterday to 30 something degrees today (cold as balls). If you don't like the weather in the south just wait 5 minutes and it will change.

owlman said:
Sooner--I hear you OK folk get some crazy ice storms up there. Did you lose power or anything?
I didn't lose power, but over 100,000 people in the state did, according to the news reports. I certainly can sympathize with you folks who are being hit by that storm system now...

SoonerLS said:
I didn't lose power, but over 100,000 people in the state did, according to the news reports. I certainly can sympathize with you folks who are being hit by that storm system now...
Glad to hear that you didn't lose power, I did for a few hours.

Ya i think i have it a bit worse here. We just finished a week with 15cm of snow, strong winds, and -20c to -30c temps. Thank god its warmed up a bit. Now i just need to wash the LS

And to think that here in southern New Jersey, we have been having 50 degree days and still haven't seen a snowflake.

I guess that tune up on my snowblower was the right thing to do after all.

hope that you get 'red' thawed out soon.

That kinda sucks, must have been fun getting into the car. looks really cool all frozen like that though.

Ours stays in a heated garage and only gets below 60 degrees when sitting at work monday through friday. So, if any snow/ice gets on it, by the time it's in the garage for an hour or so, it's all gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back