Painted Rear Surround

bigpappy33

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to painting my rear surround, i like the look, give me some feedback please!! Oh and sorry for the sun in the pics... :cool:

rearsurround1.jpg

rearsurround2.jpg

02V8Sport said:
nice job! you do it yourself? details!!

No I actually got a nice scuff on the rear bumper so when i went to get it painted i asked the guys to paint the surround too. They looked at me funny at first, but after complemented the looks of it. I have to go back and b***h them out because they did a sloppy job on the bumper as you can see by the run off on the right hand side of the black lower valence. At least they painted the surround nice.:Bang

Looks nice. Although with that paint I'll be the chrome didn't stick out as bad as it does on my Midnight Grey Metallic! Can you say SORE THUMB!

mharrison said:
Looks nice. Although with that paint I'll be the chrome didn't stick out as bad as it does on my Midnight Grey Metallic! Can you say SORE THUMB!

Yea i bet it does! its a nice mod especially if you want to do the LSE body kit down the road, completes the look. Hopefully i can get that done soon...

I'm assuming that it was originally a crome surround? The reason I asked was because I talked to a guy at a body shop who told me that the paint might not stick to the chrome or chip off...basically he said it probably wont turn out good. I haven't gotten it done yet cuz i'm not gonna pay to get it painted if it looks like crap later so any input would be great. Thanks!

StealthLS said:
I'm assuming that it was originally a crome surround? The reason I asked was because I talked to a guy at a body shop who told me that the paint might not stick to the chrome or chip off...basically he said it probably wont turn out good. I haven't gotten it done yet cuz i'm not gonna pay to get it painted if it looks like crap later so any input would be great. Thanks!

I was told the same thing!

HELP??

i seen u at bcc bigpappy that rear surround looks nice painted. also i got pulled for loud music right infront of goombayss in satellite so watch out wit thatt L7 i didn't even have it loud
and whered u get the bumper painted how much was it

Well my body guy told me the same thing that it was going to chip and peel but so far so good... He did complement me after saying it was a good idea

StealthLS said:

Yea i was told the same thing, but they said if they prep it and paint it right it should not be a problem. Correct me if i am wrong but i believe it is a nickle plating that looks like chrome and it is not actually true chrome? thats what the explanation was to me, so they said they could sand it and prep it normally. Ken has a write up on it somewhere on here, i believe he did it himself.

eastcoast27959 said:
i seen u at bcc bigpappy that rear surround looks nice painted. also i got pulled for loud music right infront of goombayss in satellite so watch out wit thatt L7 i didn't even have it loud
and whered u get the bumper painted how much was it

I got it painted at Appearance Plus on A1A which is a little south of desoto. Yea those Satellite cops will get you for anything and everything. Been there done that. maybe they thought u were me lol.

haha its likely, the pig was in a car labeled brevard county in green letters he said if u can hear music 25 feet from the car its illegal.

Oh your lucky then that was just a brevard county sherriff, if you see the black cars thats the Satellite PD. Those guys will get you for going 50 in a 45 on A1A.

At nighttime, the Satellite Beach PD are like ninjas. Although, I don't see alot of Brevard deputies over here, lucky you eastcoast.

Do you know of a good exhaust/muffler shop around here? How much did Appearance Plus charge you for the rear surround paint job, I'm thinking of getting my done, too.

Thanks.

There is a meinike on whickam down by 1-92 thats all i know of. Appearance plus will prob charge you 100 bucks, they just throw that price up but you can haggle them down thats what i did. Plus i won a bet with the guy for 50 bucks, he thought there was a stick shift LS V8. ha ha ha.

Members online

Back