Heated Seats

luvmyls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am gonna ask a dumb question. IF I find out now after 2 years that I have heated seats I will fill like a big dummy:confused: . But the other day I thought someone said on this sight that there is a button on the air conditioner panel for heated seats????

My question is....IF I have electric seats where is the switch??? I love the leather but it is a B*tch in the cold weather!!!:mad:

By the way I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V8 as far as i know it has everything except to my knowledge heated seats?????

heated seat buttons are next to the ashtray on either side in the wood grain

hard to miss.

the button on the EATC control is for a headted WINDSHIELD ;) and it is the button to the left of the rear defrost button. (if equiped)

Jay

Then that would answer my question I don't have them! :mad: because i've never seen that switch

LincolnTech38 said:
heated seat buttons are next to the ashtray on either side in the wood grain

hard to miss.

the button on the EATC control is for a headted WINDSHIELD ;) and it is the button to the left of the rear defrost button. (if equiped)

Jay
oh that is a nice feature! i love it during these winter months

You just got to rub it in don't you????? :mad: Just kidding!
I know leather seats are not sweet in the winter time or hot summer for that matter!!!

i dont have heated seats, just heated windshield, oh and you could buy a remote start system and just have your car all warm and toasty when you get in;)

wat have you guys heard about adding remote start (easy/DIY?). I've seen some online for under 100 bucks and was wondering if anyone's installed themselves.
And I love my heated seats!!!

2000 ls didnt come with heated seats.
if im wrong correct me

jmz2k5 said:
wat have you guys heard about adding remote start (easy/DIY?). I've seen some online for under 100 bucks and was wondering if anyone's installed themselves.
And I love my heated seats!!!

I install remote starts on the side almost every weekend now since its getting cold. The LS install isnt too bad, you have to remove the lower panel under the steering wheel and work upside down using crimp slicers to get to the wires behind the key cylinder. I have installed remote starts on 6 LS's ranging from 00-06, all are the same.

I recommend remote starts by asianwolf on Ebay, you can get them for $50 + the ignition bypass module which is about $20.

I wouldnt say it the easiest job, but I have never been afraid to tear anything apart on a car before.

teh_milz said:
i dont have heated seats, just heated windshield,

???

The LS was NEVER available with a heated windshield. There is a heated wiper park that is standard on all LS models, but no heated windshield, even as an option.

Does installing the remote start disable the built in PATS anti theft system?

But I personally wouldnt want one even if it didnt. An engine under load warms much quicker than an idling engine. An idling engine also puts out more pollution and burns more fuel. It also could be a problem if an oil or coolant warning light comes on, and you are in the house/not able to attend to the warning light.

lseguy said:
Does installing the remote start disable the built in PATS anti theft system?QUOTE]

Yes but only when the remote starter send power to the bypass unit to disable the PATS. Otherwise its enabled at all times except when the remote start disables it.

eastcoast27959 said:
2000 ls didnt come with heated seats.
if im wrong correct me
My 2000 Ls8 has em. Or did. the driver side quit workin now. standard problem from what I hear.

02V8Sport said:
lseguy said:
Does installing the remote start disable the built in PATS anti theft system?QUOTE]

Yes but only when the remote starter send power to the bypass unit to disable the PATS. Otherwise its enabled at all times except when the remote start disables it.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

It heats the wiper park area, not the whole windshield, per page 39 of the manual ( http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/2001LincolnLS-OwnersManual.pdf ).
Electric window heaters
(heated wiper rest) — Located at the base of the windshield, this
feature heats the front glass area below the area heated by the front
defroster where the windshield wipers sit in their parked position. When
activated, the feature keeps the wiper blades warm and reduces the
chance of ice build up on the blades. The indicator will light when the
feature is in operation.

With the ignition in RUN and the engine running, the feature will be
automatically enabled if the temperature is below 5°C (40°F). The
feature can be manually selected or deselected at any time. However, the
automatic feature will be enabled each time the engine is started.
In cold, dry conditions where wet snow or ice is not present it is
acceptable to manually deselect the operation of this feature.

The feature will run continuously unless a low battery condition is
detected, or unless the feature is manually deselected, and will only
activate when the vehicle engine is running (to prevent excessive drain
of the vehicle battery).

ToddG said:
My understanding is that there is no manual switch for activating or deactivating the heated wiper park. It is totally automatic.
I know it's sort of automatic on the 2nd Gen LS (at least on the '04 and '06, it comes on automatically at a certain temp, but it also comes on with the rear defroster, just like the heated mirrors); however, the Owner's Guide indicates a control on the 1st Gen (at least in the '01 manual I referenced above).

Of course, the Owner's Guide for my '04 didn't reference the moisture-sensing wipers that my car definitely had, so it's possible that the Guide is wrong...

ToddG said:
My understanding is that there is no manual switch for activating or deactivating the heated wiper park. It is totally automatic.

My 01 has a heated wiper park button beside the defrost button. I can turn it on or off at any time. However is does automatically come on at 40 degrees or colder.

jolinc01 said:
My 01 has a heated wiper park button beside the defrost button. I can turn it on or off at any time. However is does automatically come on at 40 degrees or colder.

Very cool, I stand corrected. Can you please post a picture? I'd really like to see what this looks like.

Members online

No members online now.
Back