night race pic...

mid 12's.you know I love all you guys and I was just having some fun, worst time was a 12:74 that was late and it was about 50 degrees out and traction was less than desireable, track was cold. but I was happy with it. it runs better with 150HP but I didn't try it this time ,wanted to sand bag a little.

Here's a serious question... and please don't take it the wrong way.

Why the secrecy and sandbagging? I never understood it. The concept of 'secrets' and sandbagging and all - especially in terms of sportsmanship. Let's face it, there are no corporate racing team secrets we're protecting here.

I've only been doin' drag racing in the Mark VIII since 2004. But I don't expect to make a living at it and sure as hell don't plan to street race and 'suprise' my dim-witted opponents they're racing some slow Lincoln. So why the secrets? I have none. You want to know something about my car? Ask me and I'll be happy to tell you all about it. Why should I give a hoot what you know or don't know and what I keep a secret.

Can you tell me why?

Why do you care if someone knows your car ran a 12.5? Why is it important to you they don't know what makes your car run what it runs? Are you trying to give the impression your car is slower?

driller said:
Here's a serious question... and please don't take it the wrong way.

Why the secrecy and sandbagging? I never understood it. The concept of 'secrets' and sandbagging and all - especially in terms of sportsmanship. Let's face it, there are no corporate racing team secrets we're protecting here.

I've only been doin' drag racing in the Mark VIII since 2004. But I don't expect to make a living at it and sure as hell don't plan to street race and 'suprise' my dim-witted opponents they're racing some slow Lincoln. So why the secrets? I have none. You want to know something about my car? Ask me and I'll be happy to tell you all about it. Why should I give a hoot what you know or don't know and what I keep a secret.

Can you tell me why?

Why do you care if someone knows your car ran a 12.5? Why is it important to you they don't know what makes your car run what it runs? Are you trying to give the impression your car is slower?

I need one of those t-shirts that says "I'm with stupid". LOL jk JP. :D

Nice times, though, dude. :Beer

Shouldn't be too much of a secret. Didn't you say your G-Tech gave you about a 12.6? So it sounds like you're running right about where you thought you would.

rmac694203 said:
Shouldn't be too much of a secret. Didn't you say your G-Tech gave you about a 12.6? So it sounds like you're running right about where you thought you would.
sure did and I am happy with that. as far as sandbaging and not showing all I have is the street racer in me, and that's just the way I am and I don't care if anybody understands that or not. I still have another 50HP in squeeze left so lower et's shouldn't be too hard to do the math on. every one on here knows what mods I have any way.

JC1994 said:
got 10 slips but I won't be posting them, sorry.

dude...that's just wrong. I ran 15.teens, and still posted my slips.

it isnt a competition of who has the fastest Mark VIII...but you have to know...once you dodge the question 20-30 times, people begin to doubt you.

I AM busting chops....I've been around long enough to know when someone's hiding something.

I dont care if your car ran a 15.90...at least you went to the track(picture = proof)...I'll give you that. But without a time slip...we'll never know...and I guess we'll never believe ya.

reminds me of AOL Car Chat 10 years ago "I have a Viper and it runs 9's"

anyway...I hope you have something to post to prove me wrong...until then...we'll assume it's a 15 second stock Mark VIII with some rims on it...not there's anything wrong with that.

:D ;) ;) :D

BlackIceLSC said:
I dont care if your car ran a 15.90...at least you went to the track(picture = proof)...I'll give you that. But without a time slip...we'll never know...and I guess we'll never believe ya.

My best is a 15.91... what're you trying to say :p

MediumD said:
My best is a 15.91... what're you trying to say :p

you beat a T-Bird! :p

15.9 is a ton faster than the Mark VIII's that didnt show up...hell, might be faster than the one pictured at the beginning of this thread, for all we know!

Well that 15.9 was at 6300' density altitude, 5315' track altitude. I beat an 00 GT (automatic) three times in a row so I can safely blame altitude not my car for the slow times. :p

I dunno about JC1994. I don't have a problem believing his car runs 12.xxs, but the more info he will share with fellow Mark VIII owners who like to mod their cars, the better.

Site built on trust.......

JC1994 IS A PRETTY STAND UP GUY:cool: , HE SAYS 12XX I BELEIVE HIM...JC STILL WAITING ON THAT RPM SPEED AT 65MPH IN OD with the 3.73 gear setup..:p

Not always easy or convenient to post slips, and some tracks dont get slips, you run midnight meyhem here in VEGAS and no slips, its at the drag racing track but its to keep street racers off streets and from plowing into a minivan with 6 kids in it.. so can be hard, this site is based on trust...

Good luck

Members online

Back