CRANK, NO START

richardsMk8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the following diagnostic procedure, to fix this problem? I am mechanically inclined, and have a multimeter to troubleshoot.

The inertia switch is good. The Mark 8, still does not start, but cranks. Are there male/female connections or a split between the fuse box and the fuel pump, besides the inertia switch, that would cause the fuel pump, not to turn on?

The inertia switch is good. The Mark 8, still does not start, but cranks. Are there male/female connections or a split between the fuse box and the fuel pump, besides the inertia switch, that would cause the fuel pump, not to turn on?
Well, there was a time when I pulled my tank on the 94 I used to have, and someone had replaced the fuel pump with a smaller size. They had left the retainer clip off and the pump was pretty much hanging inside the tank by the plug. When I grabbed it, the plug came loose. But yes, there is a plug inside the tank. I doubt the same thing is going on with yours, but the pump itself could be bad. I'm assuming you don't hear your pump when you turn the key on? I put a Walbro in the 95 I have now, and I hear that thing while driving lol.

Members online

Back