My Problem........LEDs

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've installed LEDs in the interior and they look great,nice and bright a no problem installation......I installed 2 LEDs in my taillights brakes/turn signal duel function......Problem 1) when I start the car I get a message "Check Brake Lights" which goes away on reset.....This happens every time I start the car.....Problem 2) The month and day changes when I start the car.....The time doesn't change......Problem 3) When I use the turn signals they blink very fast,they work but fast......What's it take to cure these? Superbrightleds 3156/3157 ck duel function 27 smd red......I'm thinking of putting the same bulbs in the turn signals up front AMBER .........My name is Bruce Hansen.......Senior Citizen.....And I don't suffer fools:feedback

If you look at the support part of the Superbrighled website, you will see the information to solve your problems. Basically, it is a resistor that makes them behave more like a bulb. They also sell that resistor. As far as you #2 - cant see how thats related to LED, but since your memory function works for time, it must be specific to the circuit for month. Some chip went bad likely. Thats a repair or replace then, or live with it like that.

Senior citizen too.... ;)

They sell a flasher compatible with the LEDs. Took me over an hour to find the flasher in my '96. It was buried behind the fusebox on the drivers side accessible from under the dash once you removed enough to get to it.

Thank you both for the answers......Yes I should have checked Superbrights but when it said these lights fit my Mark I was under the impression (wrongly) I didn't need the resistor......now I know and will get one or two from Superbrights.....I'll look for the compatible flasher too......Thanks again.......My name is Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen.......And I don't suffer fools:D

I forgot to mention I have a 98 Base....I purchased a flasher from Superbrights one they said was for the Mark...... I too looked for the elusive flasher and couldn't find it soooo I went to ASK a Question .......the mechanic told me there wasn't a stand alone flasher......it was part of the Steering column/Ignition/lighting monitor (SCIL).......My question now is......Why is it when I research for a flasher (RockAuto etc) it always gives a stand alone flasher? ......Is the flasher a component of the SCIL?......The schematic I have shows the SCIL as a complete unit......Any help is appreciated (it really is)......My name is Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen.......and I don't suffer fools.:confused:

Can you hear it?

That's how I found mine. I used the old rubber hose trick like a stethoscope.

Can you hear it?

That's how I found mine. I used the old rubber hose trick like a stethoscope.

Man, oh man driller your making me feel older then I am.......I should have known......I've taken down the trim piece under the steering column so I can pretty much see all of what's under there......I'm done for this evening and tomorrow, well I'm going to be busy thanking GOD for ALL the blessings HE has provided for my wife and myself.....Thank you driller.......Have a blessed Thanksgiving........My Name is Bruce L. Hansen......Senior Citizen....and I don't suffer fools :)

No mas, no mas I'm fini with those leds.....couldn't find the flasher......took it to a electrician.....he TORE the dash apart (well just on the drivers side) and he couldn't find it!!!....he called the dealer who sent him the schematics.....STILL NO JOY!!!.....had him put everything back together......cost me a few bucks......I'm a wiser man now.....going to go back to oem......Now I have a flasher for leds and 6 count 'em 6 leds I'm not going to use.....with the flasher and the leds I've spent around $105......The wife told me I'm getting too old to be monkeying around with the Mark VIII.....I didn't say anything.....My Name is Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen......and I don't suffer fools :monkey:

98 doesnt have a flasher. its in the scil.
fix the hyper flash with load resistors.

98 doesnt have a flasher. its in the scil.
fix the hyper flash with load resistors.

Chris2523, I failed to mention yesterday......2 load resisters were installed on the rear brake lights.....NO JOY!.....didn't work.....OEM for me......also in the total cost I failed to mention the actual cost was close to a buck 75 not the 105 I listed.....My Name is Bruce L. Hansen....Senior Citizen......and I don't suffer fools :Bang

I'm having a similar issue with my '96 after installing LED brake and front turn signal lights. I installed a digital flasher unit that cured the fast flashing problem. However, if the headlights are off, the front turn signals work properly, but the rears both flash at the same time. And with the headlights off, the message display, EATC display, and radio flash with the turn signals. However, with the headlights on, these issues aren't present and the signals work fine. This is really strange. I've had four Marks and put LEDs in all of them and never had this problem before.

Members online

No members online now.
Back