Supercharger

not going to be able to get a centrifugal SC on there because there really isn't a lot of room up front for something like that. one guy did a roots blower but he had to custom make every singe part except for the SC itself which was from a thunderbird...

there have also been a few guys that have/had turbo systems.

either way, prepair to pay up. it'll probably would cost you about twice what the car is currently worth

Or can can either swap in an AJ26S / AJ27S 4.0L or AJ33 / AJ34 4.2L Eaton supercharged V8 from the Jaguar S-type R or just trade-in the Lincoln LS for one of those Jaguar S-type R sedans.

then you would have to look at that stupid cat on the steering wheel every time you drive it... no thanks!

And also look at the car that surrounds that cat

Really though, the R trim significantly changes the appearance of the S-type. It removes the gaudy chrome bits. But I guess you can find beauty in anything if you look long enough, and I've been looking at StRs for a while

while I do like how a lot of the new Jags look (XF and newer), I personally just cant stand how any of the older bodies look, especially that round grille...

while I do like how a lot of the new Jags look (XF and newer), I personally just cant stand how any of the older bodies look, especially that round grille...

It can be difficult to love, but how many other cars manage to so effectively resemble a snobby royal Brit looking down at plebeians past his upward turned nose?

car_photo_25025.jpg

I am 100% behind the XFR STi, though

Jaguar-XFR-S-26-e1354098883136.jpg

The green one just screams "I'm a Ford in a cat suit!" to me, but that's just me. The blue one's nice though.

well it is a GM LEGO car, its been done plenty of times. but I really dont want to buy a car and have replace major expensive parts that are not bad... hell at that point, I might as well just find a blown V6 and go ahead with a 419 stroker and going from there.
also I wouldn't think any of the console should need to be customized at all as the GXP already has a Tremec TR6060(which either that or a T56 would be going in) that fits just fine.

Swapping a G8 to GXP TR6060 is straight forward, but there are harness differences. Assuming you put on a manual flywheel with clutch and put in the clutch pedal and the hydraulics, then you have to do the rewiring. You have to remove the Auto transmission harness. Different wires to the clutch pedal and brake pedal switches, Clutch slave cylinder fluid level switch, and if you want to keep stock , add or bypass the 6th gear bypass switch, and add the reverse switch wiring. Next on the list is to swap out the instrument cluster - assuming you can find a used GXP instrument cluster. The dashboard harness connectors have different pinouts between the G8 and GXP. (Go figure).

I like the G8 GXPs. They have more Aussi/Holden influence than Chevrolet. Almost the same parallel development approach as there was between LSs and S-types.

yeah pretty much exactly what I've seen that needs to be done

just doesn't seem like its worth the trouble since I really don't think you would be saving too much money by doing so by the time you get all the parts. especially wouldn't after factoring in the added time for the project.

Members online

No members online now.
Back