Supercharger

osmoalec

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I 've got an 03 Lincoln LS with 3.9L, and was considering putting a centrifugal supercharger on like what I had for my Malibu. I was wondering if anyone else has done one for their LS, and if they had what all was involved?

Thanks

not possible...done

(if still interested...search, many threads on why)

IF STILL!!! go to ILLS in LS performance threads.

OK thanks, I tried checking threads and couldn't find too much. I'll look again.

not going to be able to get a centrifugal SC on there because there really isn't a lot of room up front for something like that. one guy did a roots blower but he had to custom make every singe part except for the SC itself which was from a thunderbird...

there have also been a few guys that have/had turbo systems.

either way, prepair to pay up. it'll probably would cost you about twice what the car is currently worth

If it were possible I was going to make a bracket that would move it out it over near the air box and reroute. The intake lower. I liked the idea of a centrifugal SC cause it's fairly cheap and can use it on something else if car goes down hill.

Roomwise, your best bet will be an STS turbo, otherwise known as Squires Turbo Systems. They mount it under the back of the car. Runs cooler this way, no noticeable difference in turbo lag. Now whether or not the intake can handle it is a whole different story. I've never used one and know nobody that has, so this post is not a recommendation for STS but an informational post that they exist and might solve your problem.

Roomwise, your best bet will be an STS turbo, otherwise known as Squires Turbo Systems. They mount it under the back of the car. Runs cooler this way, no noticeable difference in turbo lag. Now whether or not the intake can handle it is a whole different story. I've never used one and know nobody that has, so this post is not a recommendation for STS but an informational post that they exist and might solve your problem.

Didn't someone post here a few years back that did this? Seems there was some serious piping issues along with dealing with the factory dual exhaust.

Didn't someone post here a few years back that did this? Seems there was some serious piping issues along with dealing with the factory dual exhaust.

If they did it would have been before I came here. Routing a single 3.5 inch diameter pipe would be a lot easier than trying to fit a turbo in a specific location. It would involve some cutting and such to get it in but still easier than fitting a whole turbo system under the hood.

Something something PVC pipes and <$1000

Or ILLS

The rear mount actually looks like a plausible option. More piping would be involved but doesn't seem like anything to unreasonable, or something a shop can't handle.

its been done twice.... one was a joke, the other done fairly well IIRC (it was pre 2008).

its been done twice.... one was a joke, the other done fairly well IIRC (it was pre 2008).

its been done more than twice, rob (ills) built his, then built one for somebody else (Strap), then when rob sold the LS for G8 he sold his kit to somebody else on here.

now I dont remember if Camthman's system was remote mounted in the back or it if was front mounted like Alex's is

then there was the dude with a V6 that had a front mounted snail just like Alex's and he was also supposedly doing the same to a v8.

then there was the kid using bendy straws to build his system for pocket change... that was the joke and I'm sure if he ever figured out why he wasn't building any boost, he probably destroyed his motor.

its been done more than twice, rob (ills) built his, then built one for somebody else (Strap), then when rob sold the LS for G8 he sold his kit to somebody else on here.

now I dont remember if Camthman's system was remote mounted in the back or it if was front mounted like Alex's is

then there was the dude with a V6 that had a front mounted snail just like Alex's and he was also supposedly doing the same to a v8.

then there was the kid using bendy straws to build his system for pocket change... that was the joke and I'm sure if he ever figured out why he wasn't building any boost, he probably destroyed his motor.

I was one of the rear mount guys...didn't work out well for me. Be sure to have someone available to properly install and tune the vehicle.

I saw your video on YouTube. What did it put down on the dyno? What happened that it didn't turn out so well for you?

I saw your video on YouTube. What did it put down on the dyno? What happened that it didn't turn out so well for you?
More than I want to relive 7 years later...A few difficulties with the quality of the install and more importantly not having someone able to 100% tune the car. I think it made 300 on the dyno, I'm trying to find the dyno.

Nice. Do still have it or its long gone? I made 302 with mine and 330 ft-lbs

I moved on to a 1st gen CTS-V and have had a my current V coupe for 3 years.

god i fukcing hate you!!! lol just kidding. way better upgrade! was the 1st gen a 5.7 or a 6.0?

ive been trying to decide on which route I want to go for a next car (a 2nd gen LSA is more than likely out of the question :( ) but I have been looking for something with an LS under the hood, but I dont like the way GTO's look and I really want a G8 but I'm not getting a automatic and the GXPs are pretty hard to find since they didn't make a while lot of them...

Bummer you got rid of it but nice upgrade.

god i fukcing hate you!!! lol just kidding. way better upgrade! was the 1st gen a 5.7 or a 6.0?

ive been trying to decide on which route I want to go for a next car (a 2nd gen LSA is more than likely out of the question :( ) but I have been looking for something with an LS under the hood, but I dont like the way GTO's look and I really want a G8 but I'm not getting a automatic and the GXPs are pretty hard to find since they didn't make a while lot of them...

If you don't mind a bit of customizing on a G8, EFI Live will let you reprogram the computer to run a manual trans. You'd just need to install a 3 pedal set and work the center console over a bit. Depending upon how they did the auto shifter, that customization may be limited to just building and installing a shifter boot.

LOL...It was a LS6 5.7. I threw a small GT11 cam and heads and it made 420RWHP. The differentials are made of glass and the wheelhop is stupid! Fun car otherwise.
f-SC0jQDjtsQx8ffEC81fSe3axFtHYR6fwX9tuSTKDi5m111mIAD-3AgeQwYBuJe4OPJy4SzanFPI7OjV=w2332-h1748-no.jpg

DROAWraxKnQODTsbsL86ZvWpuaU6vBRQWrOa3DQiOzX9rAcSebFrUoc9Kw9KDPNJdGYQ172kFmk_EmuUL=w2332-h1748-no.jpg

TZ6oceHgn6_X4w3P6vz_rsL5Sxdbz2N5tt2mKwJWy0T1t9xhTMi5ByInDP4ZlS6Wtl4af_Z5tJ8zv6Kz2=w2332-h1748-no.jpg

very nice looking!

LOL...It was a LS6 5.7. I threw a small GT11 cam and heads and it made 420RWHP.

The differentials are made of glass and the wheelhop is stupid! Fun car otherwise.

didn't they change away from that rear end for the 6.0? it does seem to be one of the worse ideals they had, but then again, they did just kind come up with that car trying to trow together what they could from what they had... the 2nd gen V is much more refined since they knew they were building a V right from the start!

If you don't mind a bit of customizing on a G8, EFI Live will let you reprogram the computer to run a manual trans. You'd just need to install a 3 pedal set and work the center console over a bit. Depending upon how they did the auto shifter, that customization may be limited to just building and installing a shifter boot.

well it is a GM LEGO car, its been done plenty of times. but I really dont want to buy a car and have replace major expensive parts that are not bad... hell at that point, I might as well just find a blown V6 and go ahead with a 419 stroker and going from there.

also I wouldn't think any of the console should need to be customized at all as the GXP already has a Tremec TR6060(which either that or a T56 would be going in) that fits just fine.

I'm one who doesn't mind swapping out good parts to install the parts I want, so I don't understand why anyone else wouldn't. Working parts can be sold.

I've already got enough projects planned out for it, don't really want to add that many more...

Members online

No members online now.
Back