Mark VIII Performance Exhaust

54MarkWagon

LVC Member
Reaction score
Need advice. I am building a 'restomod' '54 Ford Ranchwagon with a '97 MarkVIII platform. I have all the stock exhaust system but am wondering if the Cad's can be replaced w/ pipes w/o messing up the signals to the oxygen sensors and engine control computer. I also would like to dump exhaust out each side ahead of rear tires. Not looking for huge power gains, just reasonable clean flow. Headers are pricy and not a priority for me. Am I going to create problems?

The only thing post cat sensors do is monitor for the cats 'health'. They don't calculate any fuel/air mixture that is relevant to engine performance.

I don't know the full of what you're doing but if you still have the original CEL at the end of this it'll always be on unless you fool the computer with fake sensors. I know they make em but I don't know if there are specific models for the Mark VIII out there.

Go to a good tuner and he can take that info out of the equation to keep your CEL off.

Thanks

The only thing post cat sensors do is monitor for the cats 'health'. They don't calculate any fuel/air mixture that is relevant to engine performance.

I don't know the full of what you're doing but if you still have the original CEL at the end of this it'll always be on unless you fool the computer with fake sensors. I know they make em but I don't know if there are specific models for the Mark VIII out there.[/ I will consult a tuner ASAPQUOTE]

I suppose you already realize there is only one way to go with headers for these cars that do come with a forward O2bung in them with no need to use the rear o2 sensors. If you used Cobra manifolds and weld a o2 sensor bung on the downpipe still have the same results.otherwise you should have no problem where are you exit your exhaust they even make side pipe kits, I was looking at from 48 to 80 inches long and all that's required is some cutting and Welding from your regular exhaust shopthe kit comes with two 90 degree mandrel bent pipes and two 180 degree mandrel bent pipes 2 fit and mount to just about any exhaust configuration you can think of

Members online

No members online now.
Back