Does this look safe to drive on?

I don't know the part number off hand but I found a set of universal boots that work very very well on my trw arms. Measured and ordered the best match. I'll post a part # when I get home. Iirc they were just under $10 shipped for a pair @ energy suspensions.

wow, I could of sworn an alignment average was like $50-75. Its not hard to put some damn boots on right? IDK why its like pulling teeth with this guy. I'm going to make some phone call's on a shop installing boots & my own strut rod bushings set (reybesto's probably)

when you get the alignment make sure they are aware of the rear uca eccentric washer, your average tech will be unaware of that

It's very easy to put boots on. Just one pinch bolt and pull it apart. Remove all old broken boot, grease up joint and slide on new boot and reinstall and slide pinch bolt back in. I got my boots at NAPA as tie rod boots. They did not hold up well so go with Energy ones.

eccentric washer eh? whoa good call. uh, do I tell him not to touch it? Or to touch it. And I just saved $100 on one phone call to another shop. They told me they'll do the alignment & new strut rod bushings installed for $231.59. As opposed to the same exact work for $343.76!!!!!!! This new guy hates boots too! He said better to let it wear out because theres already crap in it because the boot is gone. Do any of these guy's believe in preservation any more? :Bang

A ball joint is a cheap part, even thou they aren't serviceable on our cars (LCA one is, but WHY) In the grand scheme of it all, control arms for the most part, are affordable

Members online

No members online now.
Back